Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2006, 07:17 AM

7 posts, read 35,027 times

Advertisements

I sure hope I can find some help here. My husband and I are relocating next month due to a new job. We really don't know the area and we want a decent place to live and nor worry about lots of crime. We have viewed a variety of apartments on the internet but it's not like seeing them in person and unfortunately we can't afford to go down until next month. Hopefully you guys will be able to help us out. We are looking to rent in an area that is closer to Yadkin Co. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 04:43 PM

21 posts, read 81,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott133
We are looking to rent in an area that is closer to Yadkin Co. Thanks.
The place to rent in is Clemmons. There a re quite a few apts there to rent. The place is growing rapidly. May be a good idea even to buy a condo/townhome. Houses here are in the range of 220-260 for a new homes in the 2500 sq ft range. Very family oriented community with no major industry in it. Malls are 5-10 min away. Golf courses also the same distance away. Come on in.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott133
We are looking to rent in an area that is closer to Yadkin Co. Thanks.
Yadkin? You’ll be heading out to the boonies, being close to there. Nice, rolling countryside; upcoming wine country.

To get to Yadkin Cty quickly, you’d probably want to look in Lewisville. That area is accessible to 421, which runs right to Yadkinville. Barring that, Clemmons.

I don’t know anything about apartments; did come across a site where people submit reviews: apartmentratings (fill out the rest to make it a URL).

There is an apartment complex in Clemmons, built by the David Drye (daviddryecompany --- fill out rest to make it a URL) corporation. He has complexes all over the state. We lived in a Concord complex between house moves over a decade ago. I remember that they were strict with their rules, decent in management style. The only reservation I have in recommending that complex is because the corporation founded by the late David Drye (he came a cropper in a plane crash years back. His family still runs the business) is uber-conservative, supporting causes I have severe disagreements with. We didn’t find that out until later; I wasn’t happy about my money going to support his agenda. That’s my view though.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 9,296 times
Default Look downtown WS

welcome! I'd suggest you look downtown Winston Salem. They are building beautiful condos and it is the hot place to be!

Avoid Clemmons... too far to drive, bad traffic, and nothing to do. Live in the actual city of Winston Salem. I tried living out of the city limits for a year and hated it!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM

180 posts, read 267,875 times
Clemmons is only 10 minutes away from Downtown, maybe 15 with traffic. It is a very family-oriented suburb and mostly residential, but I don't know of many apartments or other rentals in Clemmons. You can check out some of the specifics on city-data...Clemmons has a higher average income level and is around 90% white, and Lewisville is about the same. It's a nice area if you aren't looking for much diversity.

Downtown or intown areas like West End or Ardmore are better options IMO. There are some great loft, condo, and apartment conversions that have taken place Downtown, and there is a lot to do as far as arts and entertainment there.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 18,604 times
Looking to relocate from long Island, ny. My husband and I have no childern living with us anymore and are looking for a warmer climent and lower cost of living. Im on disability and he is currently unemployed. Looking for rental that allows medium size dogs(45lbs.) 2. What is the average cost of rentals and a quite town, low crime. Not the boonies but small town girl at heart. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:45 AM

Default Looking to get off LONG ISLAND, NY

Looking to relocate from long Island, ny. My husband and I have no childern living with us anymore and are looking for a warmer climent and lower cost of living. Im on disability and he is currently unemployed. Looking for rental that allows medium size dogs(45lbs.) 2. What is the average cost of rentals and a quite town, low crime. Not the boonies but small town girl at heart. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 PM

381 posts, read 799,064 times
for leasing try Baldwin Properties - Greensboro Rentals, Winston-Salem Rentals, High Point Rentals 123456...
manage hundreds of properties in the triad and are headquartered in winston...start there and also google ogburn properties...

Old 10-27-2010, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,461 times
i also moved from nj to winston salem, i move here in aug and love it....we live in glendare apartments in winston salem and its very niece, we have both townhouses and apartments

Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM

thanks everyone. really appreciate all the replies and advice. still don't know where or when. Have to get our house off our back. lol the Carolina's and Virgina area are the two places we are looking at. keep the advice coming. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point