Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 12,480 times

Advertisements

I need help trying to find a house to rent in a nice area suitable for kids ranging from 6 yrs to 4 months. I having been trying to relo my family since October and need to sell my house in KY. Unfortunately, we have had our house under contract twice only to have it fall apart due to lak of financing options. We have decided not to buy, but rent. I would love to get your opinions on areas around Kernersville to Walkertown that may offer houses for rent. Any help or suggestions would be greatly anticipated. What are the going rates for rentals of 3 bedroom or more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
I rent mine through Baldwin Realty in Winston-Salem.(I've been here about a yr now).I'm in Kernersville,and it's a 4 bed,2 1/2 bath for $1075/mo,with most of the amenities you can think of (except for a basement)..2 story,2 car garage,gas heat,gas fireplace,garden tub,walk-in shower,fridge,stove,dw,built-in microwave,garbage disposal,fenced-in backyard w small patio,etc.I can even have my cat here (for a non-refundable pet fee),it's almost brand new,and HOA takes care of all the yardwork.(owner pays the dues).But I think I got a really good deal on it,b/c looking around,there are others the same size that rent for anywhere from $1100-1400 (or so)/ mo for something comparable,and even then,you usually have to mow your own yard.But I confess,I was having a really hard time last yr,and I prayed really hard for something like this to come along for me and my kids,and I think my prayers were answered
This is a really great area,too...very quiet,and all the stores like Lowe's,walmart,target,kohl's,staple's,and almost all the major fast food chains are within a 5 min drive from here.(If you like mexican,you must try don juan's !).there is really no nightlife here though,(unless you count walmart being open 24/7,lol).
As for bigger restaurants,rightoffhand,fire mountain(buffet),outwest steakhouse,denny's are here.

(try baldwinco.com)

Last edited by SC122; 12-15-2008 at 03:00 AM..

Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 12,480 times
Thanks Sc for the link and info. Sounds like a great deal and a great place.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:36 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
you're welcome,it is,and baldwin is really nice to work with.if you havent been to it yet,you can do a search on their page.
the only other site I noticed last yr was ogburn properties;they had a couple of houses,about like the one I'm in now,only bigger.. in kernersville, for $995/mo,almost 3000 sq ft each.but they both got snatched up before I could even get a chance to see them.even so,I think I am better off here in this section of k-ville.their website is : Welcome to Ogburn Properties

I don't know anything about walkertown,sorry,I wish I could help,maybe someone else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point