Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2006, 01:45 PM

73 posts, read 320,775 times

Advertisements

im thinking about applying for a job in winstn-salem. i wouldnt want to live there however. i was looking at a town called clemmons. can someone give me information on both of these areas? i would be raising a family there so any school/crime info you could give me would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2006, 02:28 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,036,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakecotc
im thinking about applying for a job in winstn-salem. i wouldnt want to live there however. i was looking at a town called clemmons. can someone give me information on both of these areas? i would be raising a family there so any school/crime info you could give me would be great.
http://www.clemmons.org/
Clemmons is growing along the Hwy 58 corridor that runs into Winston-Salem, going past the Hanes Mall area (you'll definitely fulfill your shopping needs there. Oy, the Hanes Mall area is exploding ). There are a number of new subdivisions, priced from the low 100s and up. You'd want to work with a realtor on that. Crime: I read the Winston-Salem paper daily (online version: removed) which covers Clemmons/Lewisville/etc news. I've never noted anything dramatic

Clemmons is not demarcated from W-S if you are thinking it is a separate town. Like all growing areas, it, along with Lewisville, is gradually melding into W-S proper. It is an area that offers a lot of family oriented attractions:
Olde Salem http://www.oldsalem.org/
Tanglewood http://www.forsyth.cc/tanglewood/ (broken link)
Dixie Classic Fair http://www.dcfair.com/
Reynolda House http://www.reynoldahouse.org/index.php

The W-S area is growing; it hasn't (and hopefully won't) reach the proportions of the other exploding areas; right now it offers schools, real estate, shopping, etc, without the horrible congestion of the other cities in NC.

Last edited by Yac; 06-03-2006 at 04:56 AM..

Old 06-02-2006, 02:52 PM

73 posts, read 320,775 times
sounds like a place worth checking into. are there any other places within an hour of winston-salem worth checking out?

Old 06-02-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakecotc
sounds like a place worth checking into. are there any other places within an hour of winston-salem worth checking out?

<waits for Jas to show up and talk about the Triad area >

I have a bias: you couldn't get me near the Charlotte/Raleigh area with a 10 foot pole. Those big cities are an anethama to us . However, we live outside W-S, Spouse has a job with Wachovia and I work in Salisbury. We've enjoyed the area very much over the last 10 years we've been here.

Last edited by silverwing; 06-02-2006 at 03:06 PM..

Old 06-02-2006, 05:46 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,042,940 times
Default W-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
<waits for Jas to show up and talk about the Triad area >
I just saw the bat-signal in the sky -- someone must be talking about the Triad!

You may want to check out the archived pages - there are probably a couple of posts about the area.

Here is my Cliff-notes version...
Triad = nice to live there, but I wouldn't want to visit
Triangle & Charlotte = land of the sprawl

You can click on my name and look at my post history for some comments - any other questions, let me know.

Last edited by JAS; 06-02-2006 at 06:00 PM..

Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
http://www.clemmons.org/
Clemmons is growing along the Hwy 58 corridor that runs into Winston-Salem,
Brain cloud That's supposed to be 158. 58 runs east-west across southern Virginia. 158 starts in Mocksville, merges briefly with Business 40 in W-S, and then splits and continues to the coast.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,273,632 times
Don't know a whole lot about the Winston-Salem area, but the first place I thought of was Welcome. King also, but I'm not sure if it's more than an hour from Winston or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point