Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 04:09 PM

70 posts, read 77,005 times

Advertisements

I'm new to Guilford County (at least will be in the next month or so). I've been researching Southeast Guilford Schools and Eastern Guilford Schools. Can someone with direct knowledge of these schools share a little about them? This would be for both the middle and high schools. Academics, clubs, safety are important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 07:39 PM

55 posts, read 62,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1999 View Post
I'm new to Guilford County (at least will be in the next month or so). I've been researching Southeast Guilford Schools and Eastern Guilford Schools. Can someone with direct knowledge of these schools share a little about them? This would be for both the middle and high schools. Academics, clubs, safety are important.

hello,

Sorry that you did not receive any respond to your post.

I know your post is a bit old but I can share my experience and hopefully it may help you or someone else.... We looked into both Eastern HS and North Eastern HS and they are both rated poorly and I have not heard anything positive about them, yet Southeast HS is rated average. We visited SE HS and we had a great experience, my son loved it and the school was so welcoming and so friendly. They didn't have us on the list for a tour that day due to a clerical error but one of the teachers who was free and gave us the tour. We also visited Northwest HS since it was rated very high but my son did not like it at all. 1st impression is everything and as soon as we left my son said he liked SE HS better. As of now we are looking into that school for next fall 18'. We still have 2 or 3 more we would like to visit: (ragsdale, SW, Grimisley and page)

Old 06-19-2017, 08:17 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,604,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess69 View Post
We visited SE HS and we had a great experience, my son loved it and the school was so welcoming and so friendly. (ragsdale, SW, Grimisley and page)
I think this can make a huge difference in the actual education experience and can be a deciding factor in one's overall experience and a big help to their successful high school term.

Too many times, people get caught up with what looks good on paper alone (not that test scores that a lot of the "best schools" websites have can't be part of the consideration, but they just shouldn't be the entire picture on "which school is best for Junior."

Old 06-20-2017, 02:00 PM

55 posts, read 62,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I think this can make a huge difference in the actual education experience and can be a deciding factor in one's overall experience and a big help to their successful high school term.

Too many times, people get caught up with what looks good on paper alone (not that test scores that a lot of the "best schools" websites have can't be part of the consideration, but they just shouldn't be the entire picture on "which school is best for Junior."
Absolutely !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point