Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,799 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in relocating from Florida if the house ever sells and I've found some nice houses online in both areas. Anything pro or con that sticks out on either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 02:39 PM

71 posts, read 285,212 times
Both areas are rather suburban, and would be decent places to raise a family.

The positive side of western Forsyth county is its proximity to the gorgeous NC mountains and to Winston-Salem. Winston-Salem is known as a great artistic and cultural center, with the great history of the Moravians of Old Salem, and Wake Forest basketball and football. I'm guessing that you have looked at the Clemmons/Lewisville area, both of which I haven't frequented much, only a few times, but they seemed decent enough. Nothing too exciting, but Winston, Greensboro and the mountains are not too far away.

Western Alamance county I am fairly familiar with, I have an aunt and an uncle that live in between Burlington and Elon. The area, especially around the Elon area with the university is growing at a steady pace, and is turning into a bedroom community for both the Triad and the Research Triangle areas. Personally, if you are choosing between these two areas, and don't want to live in a larger city like Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston or Durham, I would go for Western Alamance. The schools are fairly decent, and also, it has close proximity to the Triangle area and the Triad. Also, the mountains (Boone at least) is only a little over a two hours' drive.

Hope this helps out, and please reply back if you have any more questions. I am born and raised in Greensboro. I love North Carolina and know the state like the back of my hand. :-)

Old 12-17-2007, 08:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,559,042 times
I don't know much about Western Alamance, but grew up in Western Forsyth.

I am sure that Western Alamance is much cheaper. Western Forsyth is a really nice area but you will pay for that. Schools are good in Western Forsyth too.

I am not putting Western Alamance down, just can't offer any advice about that area.

Now live in Charlotte, but Western Forsyth (Clemmons) will always be home.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 34,402 times
i too dont know much about western forsyth, but i do live in gibsonville and my kids go to western alamance, it is a nice area and the schools are good too, Westen Alamance just once the state championship in football..im actually moving away from here and moving to florida so if you have any advice fro me id love to hear it, were thinking bradenton/sarasota area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point