Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 PM

6 posts, read 15,105 times

Advertisements

nowadays ,It is of inportance to protect the environment .and some country have took some mesures for it .For example ,banning to use or being charged for platic packing . With the rapid development of the technology,Some environmental packaging such as paper tableware , disposable tableware , Biodegradable Packaging have been produced and being accepted by more and more people . What do you think of it .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 AM

Green lifestyle is the norm of the day. Such has been the impact of the Eco-revolution that consumer products. We should surpport the environmental packing

Old 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,787,416 times
Good as long as the companies do a complete life cycle analysis.

For example, think about the "Plant Bottle" that soft drink manufacturers are using:

Is manufacturing the bottle from plants more energy intensive than from petroleum?
Are you using crop residues or are you specifically growing crops to be made into plastic?
Will this product have a lower shelf life?
Is this product sturdy enough that consumer won't use TWO of them, negating any benefits?
What happens when the product ends up in a landfill?
What happens when the product is recycled? Can it be made into more bottles or does it end up as a park bench?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM

I under stand your meaning ,you mean whether companies can make good use of waste materials to produce product . I believe what you said will be realized one day!!! And your word makes me think of the match of "environmental protection" in high school . Our team win the first prize for the Plastic fashion,Bottle stool.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,890,148 times
I prefer to buy eggs in pulp paper containers which I recycle back to the egg farmer. The containers are made from waste pulp and waste paper. When they get too worn out I cut them up, dip them in paraffin wax and use them to start the charcoal grill. Even the charcoal I use is made from waste wood.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I prefer to buy eggs in pulp paper containers which I recycle back to the egg farmer. The containers are made from waste pulp and waste paper. When they get too worn out I cut them up, dip them in paraffin wax and use them to start the charcoal grill. Even the charcoal I use is made from waste wood.
They are good for starting seedling for the garden as well.

I read somewhere that the "eco-freindly" tableware and bottles actually gave off more CO2 during decomposition. I'd think it would be more "eco-friendly" to reclaim the plastic back to usable oil, thus giving the same product multiple lifecycles. YMMV

Old 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,389,419 times
We should immediately transition to wooden chopsticks or eat with our fingers. That should solve part of the problem right there.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:01 AM

130 posts, read 149,284 times
Many items are already being packaged using eco-friendly packaging materials and/or reduced packaging. Some manufacturers are opting for smaller packaging where commercially viable.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,668 times
Lightbulb Top Eco-friendly packaging

EcoEnclose is a company based on sustainable and eco-friendly packaging. Everything they produce aligns with this and they produce a lot of products. For example, here is their recycled kraft tissue paper:

[url]https://www.ecoenclose.com/100-recycled-kraft-tissue-paper-20-x-30-480-sheets/[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living