Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM

79,159 posts, read 61,300,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts101 View Post
Some racial groups are more excitable than others. You see it everyday. Some groups are louder than others, some groups never act modest, some groups just behave more dramatically than others and seem to be dominated by their emotions. This is not even noticable in the USA. In Europe as a general rule, the further south you go, the more of this you see. Why?
Those are cultural differences and not racial differences.

Just look at the cultural differences amongst whites of euro decent in the US. Go to an amish community then go to Manhattan, South Beach etc.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:58 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,500,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
May be some truth to this, blacks, hispanics, mediterranean, and some Asian people seem to be a bit louder and animated IMO. (I'm black btw)
Yeah but I have had way more problems or confrontations by the white trash types. They are on some kind of testosterone trip and always wanna fight. Especially in the midwest. And I am white btw.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,149,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Yeah but I have had way more problems or confrontations by the white trash types. They are on some kind of testosterone trip and always wanna fight. Especially in the midwest. And I am white btw.
Jerry Springer made a whole career out of exploiting that stereotype .

Old 03-30-2010, 03:11 PM

74 posts, read 296,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post

This is true. There are a lot of dumb white trash types who want to fight. I was talking more about getting excited in certain situations and how this ties into every day life. I was not talking about people who just want to fist fight.

If you go to say the Baltic Sea area and then just travel south you will notice huge differences in the way people act. You will also notice that the further south you go the more people love sweet sugary desserts with icing etc spread all over. Maybe this uncontrollable desire for very sweet desserts has something to do with this behavior.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM

5,105 posts, read 7,296,678 times
Quote:
This is true. There are a lot of dumb white trash types who want to fight. I was talking more about getting excited in certain situations and how this ties into every day life. I was not talking about people who just want to fist fight.

If you go to say the Baltic Sea area and then just travel south you will notice huge differences in the way people act. You will also notice that the further south you go the more people love sweet sugary desserts with icing etc spread all over. Maybe this uncontrollable desire for very sweet desserts has something to do with this behavior.
You've obviously never been to a dinner in the upper Midwest-I've never seen so many sugar and butter saturated desserts as I did when I was there. And I'm from the South, btw.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,780,477 times
Quote:
Some racial groups are more excitable than others. You see it everyday. Some groups are louder than others, some groups never act modest, some groups just behave more dramatically than others and seem to be dominated by their emotions. This is not even noticable in the USA. In Europe as a general rule, the further south you go, the more of this you see. Why?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,378,711 times
Quote:
Really? Your login name is 'facts'?

Maybe in Facts 102 they discuss 'culture'

Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM

3,487 posts, read 4,573,515 times
Quote:
Excitable? That is a very subjective word. Excitable to you? What is the criteria to say who is more excitable?

Why? One word: diversity.

How did you come up with the conclusion that "This is not even noticeable in the USA"? Where have you been in the USA to come up with that conclusion? I have been in about 30 states and from my standpoint I do not agree with you. We also have diversity in the USA. I also had the opportunity to be in about 30 countries, diversity in each one of them also.

One question I have now. What was the intent of asking this question?

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 PM

74 posts, read 296,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Excitable? That is a very subjective word. Excitable to you? What is the criteria to say who is more excitable?

Why? One word: diversity.

How did you come up with the conclusion that "This is not even noticeable in the USA"? Where have you been in the USA to come up with that conclusion? I have been in about 30 states and from my standpoint I do not agree with you. We also have diversity in the USA. I also had the opportunity to be in about 30 countries, diversity in each one of them also.

One question I have now. What was the intent of asking this question?

You have a great day.
El Amigo
The next post after my first, I wrote what I meant: This is not just in the USA.

It is possible that over eons that people of certain areas of the world ate certain foods, this then altered their body chemistry over time, and this contributed to certain factors of behavior. Of coure climate is a major factor, but food is another contributor as to why certain groups have small differences when compared to others. Yes, some of this is cultural, but much more of it is biological than some people here are capable of handling discussing in this forum.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:43 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,043,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
May be some truth to this, blacks, hispanics, mediterranean, and some Asian people seem to be a bit louder and animated IMO. (I'm black btw)
These things are usually cultural. It might sound dumb but I have always said that if you look at Star Trek you see various cultures, many fictitious, interacting. There's Spock and that "culture of logic", and Warf who had that aggressive, war-like culture.

There are those who say that when taken in cultural perspective, no culture should be taken as better or worse than another. But I can't help but think a Nazi culture would be a genuinely bad culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates