Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach finest View Post
Black people have an inferiority complex the world over and have Stockholm syndrome for white people.
What the frack???

Quote:
Black people should not degrade and humiliate themselves with this fixation on living or being around white people.
Black people could give less than a damn about living or being around white people. What black people care about is buying the same nice houses, near the same nice schools, near great shopping, and good jobs, that white people have. If the white people are nice and accepting, that can be an added bonus, but their mere presence sure as hell isn't the goal.

Quote:
If they dont like you then you should live with your own people.
Look, let's be real. Nobody, black, white or chartreuse knows who is going to like them or not when they decided to move into a neighborhood and in most modern neighborhoods in the U.S. most folks don't know a damned thing about all but a handful of their neighbors, if that. So short of someone burning a cross on your lawn I at an even deeper loss to understand your argument.

Quote:
Malcolm X was saying this 55 years ago. Some things never change.
Yeah, Malcolm said a lot of things fortunately El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz was a little bit more enlightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,127,881 times
What I don't get is why we classify ourselves based upon race - or skin color, and not ethnicity. I am half German - half Czeck, and the two sides of the family are very different. Do they act the same just because they are white? No. They have different customs, cooking, and personalities.

Also, many people in Israel and Turkey and the Mid-East look white. So, are they white or Middle Eastern? And many people who have "white" ethincities look darker.

Also I have talked to some Koreans who say they are nothing like the Chinese or Japanese culturally. So should we just classify everyone over there as "Asian"?

Basically what I am saying is that if we are to classify people, ethnicity is much more preferable than race or skin color.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
What I don't get is why we classify ourselves based upon race - or skin color, and not ethnicity.
Because 18th and 19th century psuedo scientist separated the world into different raises in no small part to distinguish European racial superiority. What is the point of distinguishing between Koreans, the Japanese or the Chinese since it wasn't cultural understanding that anybody was after? You could consider Africans as an ethnic because without being some subspecies of human how can you justify their enslavement by Christian post Enlightenment Europeans? And since this type of taxonomy carried over not just in the culture and traditions but the laws of the U.S. well into the 20th century.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM

88 posts, read 168,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What the frack???

Black people could give less than a damn about living or being around white people. What black people care about is buying the same nice houses, near the same nice schools, near great shopping, and good jobs, that white people have. If the white people are nice and accepting, that can be an added bonus, but their mere presence sure as hell isn't the goal.

Look, let's be real. Nobody, black, white or chartreuse knows who is going to like them or not when they decided to move into a neighborhood and in most modern neighborhoods in the U.S. most folks don't know a damned thing about all but a handful of their neighbors, if that. So short of someone burning a cross on your lawn I at an even deeper loss to understand your argument.

Yeah, Malcolm said a lot of things fortunately El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz was a little bit more enlightened.

Look guy, "we dont like your kind around here". I second my previous comments. If you are black, you know black folks think everything whites is better. Ask them and they will tell you thath "the white mans ice is colder". It is what it is.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 PM

861 posts, read 1,455,562 times
As I've said before on here, humans almost always stick and stay with their own kinds. Nothing wrong with that, just natural instincts.

Diversity and mixing the races only leads to trouble and more problems. That's why historically speaking, places that had a larger minority population had more racial tension than more homogeneous places. When the population is more homogeneous, there's no one to be racist against.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,201 times
Yes it is, if it's a legally enforced law. To sepearated people based on skin is terrible.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
If you are black, you know black folks think everything whites is better.
You are an...

The following comments are explicitly prohibited by the terms of service and use of such language would constitute a personal attack which would result in heavy penalties. So in keeping with the TOS we are unable to reveal what those remarks are.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,201 times
Quote:
Look guy, "we dont like your kind around here". I second my previous comments. If you are black, you know black folks think everything whites is better. Ask them and they will tell you thath "the white mans ice is colder". It is what it is.

I beg your pardon? Who are you to say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates