Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 03:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I notice a lot of white people point out MJ wanting to be white because he didn't like his skin color.

I notice people talking about a product called Nur76 that apparently some hispanics use to lighten there skin.

I notice people talking about blacks straightening there hair, etc, trying to be white.

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who use spray tans to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who lay out in the sun all day to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who pay expensive prices for tanning beds to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the most popular form of plastic surgery for white females, lip injections, a black facial feature?

Why do only minorities want to be white, when white people do the same thing?
Then there is the whiite kid at the mall with his hat sideways, pants around his knees playing rap music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 AM

530 posts, read 1,130,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Another thing this lame ass thread is producing in that people think that lighter black folks are some how "better", stupid really.

I actually think some of the darkest black people look the coolest, they have the best skin. They look gorgeous, their deep blackness looks great to me.

No, I'm not Bobby Dinero, but blacks look great to me.
I agree. I actually think the darker blacks are more beautiful. They usually have (like you said) flawless skin, awesome bone structure (chiseled faces), good muscle mass, definition.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:05 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
What a stupid & over exagerated misleading example you came out with, 24hr for weeks?? lmao..

Curious, how many serial killers have been black? far as i know, many of the serial killers have all been white.
How many have been black? Answer is below. White, many, yes - for SERIAL killings, but not all:

Blacks are 13-14% of the American population, yet make up anywhere from 15 to 22 percent of convicted serial killers.

Blacks Express Shock At Suspects' Identity (washingtonpost.com)

Eric W. Hickey, a criminal psychology professor at California State University at Fresno, said there have been plenty of minority serial killers. In his 1995 book, "Serial Murderers and Their Victims," Hickey wrote that 22 percent of such killers were black. An additional 17 percent were women.

"It's a stereotype that . . . most serial killers are white," Hickey said. "You ask most experts and they can't name a black serial killer. We have Asians and we have Hispanics that were serial killers. We need to get away from all the myths."

With a database of 399 serial killers from 1800 to 1995, Hickey found:

(1) 20% of the killers were black.
(2) 17% were women.

Serial Murderers and Their Victims
Eric Hickey
Wadsworth Publishing 1996

With a database of 800 serial killers from the 20th century, Newton found 16% of cases were African-American.

Century of Slaughter 1992
Michael Newton

With a database of 558 offenders operating in the United States since 1900, Fox and Levin found:

(1) 86% of the killers are male.
(2) 82% are white.
(3) 15% are black.
(4) 4% are Hispanic.

Extreme Killing: Understanding Serial and Mass Murder
James Alan Fox and Jack Levin
Crime and Justice, Vol. 23, 1998 (1998), pp. 407-455
Sage Publications 2005

In a sample of 413 serial killers operating in the United States from 1945 to mid-2004, it was found that 90 were African American. Relative to the African American proportion of the population across that time period, African Americans were overrepresented in the ranks of serial killers by a factor of about 2.

African Americans and Serial Killing in the Media: The Myth and the Reality
Anthony Walsh
Boise State University
Homicide Studies, Vol. 9, No. 4, 271-291 (2005)
DOI: 10.1177/1088767905280080
© 2005 SAGE Publications

List of black serial killers:

http://archimedes.galilei.com/stlcof...l-killers.html

Google search "serial killing Africa" or "ritual killing Africa" and you'll see that it's a rampant problem in Africa.

Between 1976 and 1999 in the U.S.: blacks committed 51.5% of the homicides in the U.S.

SOURCE: United States Department of Justice:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm (broken link)
as of 12/.01

Since 1986, Blacks committed more murders in the U.S. than Whites and Hispanics combined.

SOURCE: Data Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation. Supplementary
Homicide Reports for the years 1980-1997
[machine-readable data
files]. Washington, DC: FBI.
http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org/ojstatbb/html/qa137.html
as of 12/01

Of (MURDER) offenders for whom race was known, 53 percent were black, 45 percent were white, and the remainder were
persons of other races.

SOURCE:
http://www.murdervictims.com/murder_statistics.htm

Blacks commit ..... 60% of all murders in the U.S. (32) (27) (6)

6.Buckley, William F. syndicated column, Jan. 5. 1993
27.Simpson, William Gayley. Which Way Western Man? 1978, National Alliance Press, Box 3535, Washington, D. C.20007
32.Taylor, Jared, Paved with Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America. 1992, Carrol & Graf. New York, NY

Similar statistics hold for the black share of offenders under age 18, with a 59.5 percent share of murder arrests for black youths.
[FBI, Crime in the United States].

Hope that helps. I'm pooped out! But yes, there are certainly more white serial killers.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 07-18-2009 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Typo galore!

Old 07-18-2009, 02:41 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It isn't hard for me to understand. It was created by the elites because of greed, It was a way to keep resources to themselves and ultimately, if you weren't white, you would suffer. Race was created as a way to control people. The "biology" of that was used to control people.

That's nonsense. The Irish were slaves, the Chinese were slaves, Christians were tortured and thrown to the lions, Russians were the slaves of Mongolians for over 300 years....hell, even American Indians kept Blacks as slaves. I could go on and on. . .

What IS your point exactly about this white greed and "biology" thing?!

I do not care.

You need to educate yourself *first* before going around talking like you do.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 07-18-2009 at 02:55 AM..

Old 07-18-2009, 03:33 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,694 times
Jeep

Yes, you forgot to mention that under Feudalism, serfs were practically slaves. So except free cities and burgs, everybody else was practically a slave. Not to mention Roman empire. All Western Europeans have slaves in their lineage.

During the Roman Empire, blacks were luxury items, very expensive, while Europeans and Middle Easteners were cheap and were badly treated in Slave Markets. During Middle Ages, blacks also were very expensive and well treated, always under the tenure of noblemen or rich people, while poor whites were treated like beasts, worse than slaves.

By the way, Romans treated their conquered territories ten times worser that colonialist did in Africa.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
By the way, Romans treated their conquered territories ten times worser that colonialist did in Africa.
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:22 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
...hell, even American Indians kept Blacks as slaves..
Just curious. You are probably right, that at least one American Indian kept at least one black as a slave, bought from a white slave-owner by an Indian who became rich enough to behave like a white man, or stolen among the property of a massacred white man. But do you really think an isolated incident or two like this will stand up as any kind of proof or evidence of anything at all?

It is well documented that the Seminoles "kept" slaves who had run away from their white owners, but they simply protected them and adopted them into the tribe. They called them slaves, so the whites would not recapture them, but did not treat them as slaves.

Just how many Christians were thrown to the lions? One? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? None at all, it's just a parable? How do you know? Maybe you need to educate yourself before you "go around talking like you do".

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...n-to-the-lions

Last edited by jtur88; 07-18-2009 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-18-2009, 08:36 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Just how many Christians were thrown to the lions? One? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? None at all, it's just a parable? How do you know? Maybe you need to educate yourself before you "go around talking like you do".

The Straight Dope: Were Christians really thrown to the lions?
Ummm... 'Physician heal thyself" perhaps applies to you?

It's pretty well know that, the declining era of the Roman Empire, they slaughtered all manner of humans and animals in their never-ending quest for thrills.

The link you posted buttresses that.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:03 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
The Cherokee had several slave-owners.

cherokee slavery - Google Books

Slavery was known among some Pacific Northwest tribes before whites arrived. As it predated whites this was slavery amongst indigenous people rather than of blacks. Judging by what I read in National Geographic the slaves had religious or other societies. (Possibly this slavery had a religious/ritualistic overtone, I don't recall)

Jeep's serial-killer stats would seem to indicate Hispanics, Asians, and women really are less likely to be serial-killers. While whites really are more likely to be serial killers. (Whites do not represent 82% of the population and I don't know if they even did in 1900) Although blacks are too.

On Christians some of the worst persecution wasn't in an ancient bygone era, but in the 20th century. Places like Sudan, Myanmar, North Korea, China during the Cultural Revolution, Hoxha's Albania, and the Soviet Union all had major persecutions. Anti-clericalist violence in Mexico also killed many Catholics.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:06 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
The Cherokee had several slave-owners.

cherokee slavery - Google Books

Slavery was known among some Pacific Northwest tribes before whites arrived. As it predated whites this was slavery amongst indigenous people rather than of blacks. Judging by what I read in National Geographic the slaves had religious or other societies. (Possibly this slavery had a religious/ritualistic overtone, I don't recall)

Jeep's serial-killer stats would seem to indicate Hispanics, Asians, and women really are less likely to be serial-killers. While whites really are more likely to be serial killers. (Whites do not represent 82% of the population and I don't know if they even did in 1900) Although blacks are too.
While all this is true, and it is also true that the Native American Indians were NOT all just peace-loving environmentalist humanitarians, that is getting away from the premise of this and other threads - specifically that everything that is wrong in the world is the fault of Whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates