Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigSkinWytBoy View Post
White suicide is the least talked about epidemic in this country, yet it seems to not matter because people are more concerned with gang bangers taking out other gang bangers in chicago. I don't get it.

There are roughly 43,000 suicides in this country every year, and we commit 70% of them. This has to end.
Depression has no desire to lose any of its victims. Matters not the color of the skin, we all suffer from even one lost to depression.

Reminds me of the woman who (Supposedly) called the NRA to discuss how they would deal with suicide. I didn't read much, but the funny thing is, it's like someone calling GM and asking what they intend to do about people driving off cliffs? Into other traffic, or how about the drug pushers for selling heroin that was too potent....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 09:04 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I will never understand white male depression due to getting older:

I literally did not start really living my life until I was 35 and despite spending the prior decade and a half being 'younger', I was an idiot when I was younger.

With age comes more money, life experience and the wisdom to enjoy it more rationally.
Say what? Just because we get older, doesn't mean we make more... Life experience? Yep stay in school kids, learn a trade. Wisdom? Yeah, give me a gun so I can end this miserable life....No, I'm leaving by myself, ain't no one coming with me!

Old 04-10-2016, 09:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
But the easiest way to stop them would be to ban guns or have well funded free mental helth care, and you've seen how well those attempts go down.
Our better yet, allow assisted suicide, especially in cases to prevent suffering long drawn out battles with cancer. I had a family friend die of their battle with PLS becoming ALS over the span of about ten years. She went from full of life to being a shell of her former self.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:57 AM

743 posts, read 766,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
How many times have you or anybody close to you been murdered, robbed or raped by a black man?

Stop living your life through Fox News and NBC.
OK. You're right - the FBI statistics are a lie.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:20 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigSkinWytBoy View Post
White suicide is the least talked about epidemic in this country, yet it seems to not matter because people are more concerned with gang bangers taking out other gang bangers in chicago. I don't get it.

There are roughly 43,000 suicides in this country every year, and we commit 70% of them. This has to end.
Suicide is a basic human right that no government has ever managed to prevent. You should not disrespect the people who make that choice. Murder victims don't have a choice. Suicides do.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,596,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Suicide is a basic human right that no government has ever managed to prevent. You should not disrespect the people who make that choice. Murder victims don't have a choice. Suicides do.
Suicide is voluntary and an obvious right. If a person doesn't own his body, who does? The government?

Old 04-10-2016, 11:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Suicide is voluntary and an obvious right. If a person doesn't own his body, who does? The government?
I think it goes into murder/manslaughter crimes. Let's face it, why should it be legal for self-mutilation but mutilation of another isn't?

Old 04-10-2016, 11:51 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
They can deplore it all they want, but it's none of their business and never will be.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:58 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

They would rather focus a small group of blacks killing in poverty stricken communities than take a look at problems like mass shootings in schools, churches, movie theaters and other public places.
The normal definition of mass shooting is 4 or more victims, per capita blacks are over represented in this category of crime of too. It's not some crazy number like the murder rates but nonetheless it's still a higher rate than whites.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:46 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,654 times
It's not a problem yet because it hasn't hit big money get. I don't think many people who commit suicide have high amounts of life insurance. Once the life companies start paying out things will change.

After having a policy for two years they will payout for suicide. Before two years no. Always follow the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates