Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 12,310 times

Advertisements

I have read multiple articles about how Albany should not be one's first choice for residence.

Doing a quick google map however and a few more searches I find people recommend Leesburg frequently. What about Sylvester? Putnam? Dawson?

I have good chance at getting a job at P&G but want a nice affordable place for my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM

199 posts, read 627,627 times
Doerun is only about 20 miles south of P&G. 800 people, 2 caution lights and no redlights. nice friendly people and very little crime.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 14,148 times
I wouldnt live in Albany if you paid me too!!! Run down,gangs,people always breaking in homes .I see it everyday! Also schools are not so good.Everyone that lives in albany or I should say alot of them want to go to Lee Co: Schools...My husband and I have 4 kids 3 which go to school in Lee Co and it is the best school as far as lee vs Albany. but if u do not have kids I guess u would be ok as long as you find a good spot to live. also my Father works at P&G as been for years now.also homes in LEE Co. go for as low as $120 and up or u could look at a foreclosure lots of homes that are being foreclosed on .My husband and I are looking to move to Fl soon I hope...just to get away! BUT...if u have anymore questions just ask

Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM

9 posts, read 34,382 times
This is an unbiased map dividing good and bad town pockets by degree of color (NOTE darkest is safest). Run your cursor over general map area until you find Albany and places nearby. No economic development hoopla/town Gerrymandering, no hurt occupant feelings. Just statistics. Hope this helps you. I know it does for me--a single woman in pursuit of safe towns to roost when I can land a job. Feel free to share with other posters if you like.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 10-22-2010 at 05:07 AM..

Old 09-22-2010, 07:25 PM

9 posts, read 34,382 times
This is an unbiased map dividing good and bad town pockets by degree of color (NOTE darkest is safest). Run your cursor over general map area until you find Albany and places nearby. No economic development hoopla/town Gerrymandering, no hurt occupant feelings. Just statistics. Hope this helps you. I know it does for me--a single woman in pursuit of safe towns to roost when I can land a job. Feel free to share with other posters if you like.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 10-22-2010 at 05:06 AM..

Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Lake Blackshear is a beautiful area with upscale homes.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:09 PM

375 posts, read 1,381,106 times
Never liked Albany - just like Americus only larger

Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 13,041 times
Albany - I would stay north of Slappey Drive. Around the Westover Blvd./Lake Park area is nice. Doublegate/St.Andrews/Stonebridge is nice as well.

Dawson is a little town...3 lights, not much to it. The Historic District is okay, outside of that (and within the city limits) I would steer clear. There is a lot of night activity, but I never felt unsafe where I lived.

There are some nice subdivisions on 82 in between Albany and Sasser that are worth looking at as well.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 11,105 times
How far is Lake Blackshear from Albany and Atlanta and I'm looking for a nice upscaled safe apartment complex

Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 AM
EVT

25 posts, read 85,499 times
Depending on the area of Lake Blackshear you are coming from, time to Albany is 30-50 minutes.

I moved to Albany for work and thankfully I enjoy my job and feel relatively content inside my apartment, but the city itself offers so little that I can't picture myself staying here much longer. Shopping, culture, entertainment, outdoor recreation...I feel like I have to leave town to experience any of it. It isn't a place for a non-religious 26 year old man.

If you have a family and are religious and active in church and enjoy hunting and fishing then you can probably be content here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia