Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2007, 05:50 PM

7 posts, read 21,294 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are thinking about the Dalton, Ga area and need some help. Can anyone tell us about the schools, jobs and what type of town it is? We have a 6 year old and my husband has his own business in home repair work. Would this be a good area for that type business? Thanks for any information.

Thanks,
tdrford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 05:50 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,342,551 times
It's known as the carpet capital of the world. I know a lot of immigrants live in the area to support the plants but I don't know much else.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 PM

6 posts, read 59,124 times
I live in Dalton. ILLEGAL immigrants live in the area. It's hard to get a job because why would an employer pay you $10.00 an hour when they can pay an illegal $6.00. Crime, drugs, underage pregnancies, gangs are all above average for a town this size. I'm 23 and am ready to get out of here. We've had gang shootings the past couple of months. You don't want to raise your kids here. Over 80% of the school system is hispanic. Teachers are having to focus teaching the children who don't speak english instead of focusing on the children who do. Yes, there are a lot of conveniances but the illegal alien problem outweighs them.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 13,493 times
I live in dalton, its not so bad. There used to be a problem with immigrants but the economy is so bad alot of them have left. I think its a little city that wants to be big.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 9,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalively View Post
i live in dalton. Illegal immigrants live in the area. It's hard to get a job because why would an employer pay you $10.00 an hour when they can pay an illegal $6.00. Crime, drugs, underage pregnancies, gangs are all above average for a town this size. I'm 23 and am ready to get out of here. We've had gang shootings the past couple of months. You don't want to raise your kids here. Over 80% of the school system is hispanic. Teachers are having to focus teaching the children who don't speak english instead of focusing on the children who do. Yes, there are a lot of conveniances but the illegal alien problem outweighs them.
ok you say that why would they pay you 10 when they can pay illegal 6 please hunny get it straight its not even aclose to that ok its that some off ya are plane butt lazy

Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 AM

970 posts, read 2,951,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEJANDRA00 View Post
ok you say that why would they pay you 10 when they can pay illegal 6 please hunny get it straight its not even aclose to that ok its that some off ya are plane butt lazy

wut? I no habla.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,906 times
I have been here all my life and loved this town and growing up here. Without getting into a long story, just come visit one day and be sure to stop in at our Mexican Wal-Mart. Unless you like large crowds, can speak fluent Spanish and can live with large city crime, don't even consider moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia