Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 PM

75 posts, read 195,942 times

Advertisements

Ive been thinking, I love Dahlonega I love Young Harris and would love to live in a town like that BUT my husband flies for work weekly and would have to get to the airport within an hour....

I only know Roswell - Cumming headed north... I dont know anything about Kennesaw or Canton etc...

We have 2 young kids... love to go out to movies/ restaurants and shopping....

ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,923,591 times
West Cobb - just North of Powder Springs (about 4-5 miles North). Still has somewhat of a rural feel, but there's lots of shopping/eating at places like the Avenues, etc. It is however, a quick growing area so there's no idea how long it will keep that rural feel.

P.S. There's no need for "????" in the subject line ... we will answer you.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 AM

744 posts, read 2,486,282 times
To me the area in Western Coweta County / Caroll county really reminds me of the North Georgia mountain counties a lot - especially the areas that run a long the Chatahochee River . In those area you have both Newnan and Carrollton for shopping , dining etc and the drive to the airport is within the time frame that you want.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:26 PM

75 posts, read 195,942 times
what are the cities in the western coweta area with descent schools?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,427,792 times
Kennesaw is strictly suburbia now.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM

722 posts, read 3,320,077 times
In western coweta you will be going either to Arnco Sargent or Western elementary school, Smokey Road or Evans Middle, and Newnan High School. I attend Newnan High and I have to say it is a pretty good school. Roscoe is a beautiful little community in NW Coweta. It is still very small and rural but close to the city and the more suburban areas.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 AM

539 posts, read 2,105,108 times
Default Schools

When I first started researching towns in GA, schools were one of my first priorities. My favorite web sites were Greatschools.net and schoolmatters.com. One thing to remember is just because a town may have a few great schools doesn't mean that they are all great. I did a LOT of research in that area. Another thing is that in faster developing counties you will see a lot of district changes, so your child may start school in one school and be moved to another at a later date if re-districting does take place. Sperling's best is a good web site to start at as well. They can give you some general stats on schools, crime, weather, demographics, etc. If you search some of my older posts, you might like to try some of my other favorite sites for doing some research as well. I used to like to use the FBI's crime reports to check out the crime in the areas I was looking into. They are pretty detailed.

By the way, we chose Newnan and we love it!

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,224 times
You may want to check out the Peachtree City/Tyrone areas. They have lots of housing within the 30 minute time frame for Hartsfield, but they REALLY want you to pay for it. It was my hometown, but I ran to Lumpkin County, far away from the hustle and bustle. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 25,705 times
Peachtree City. I love it. Not really mountain...but trees, woods, farms.

Peachtree City, GA - Official Website - Paths & Golf Carts

Affordable for all incomes. Great investment property, rated top 10 places to retire. Good schools. Good work right in town, big places YAMAHA, TDK, NCR, Panasonic. Easy drive to ATL Airport and Downtown ATL. Tons to do...can go in the city or in a few minutes be driving with farms on both sides for miles. Shame I don't golf. But the the golf cart paths are AWESOME. I believe it's something like 90 miles, you can get everywhere in PTC on a golf cart. Great for gas!

I live close to PTC, 6 miles or so, I am opening a small business...moving there soon. I like it here too, but, looking to down size, maybe a condo.

Residents
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Whether they’ve lived here for 30 years or 30 days, Peachtree City residents know that Peachtree City’s attractions are obvious.

Hallmark System Helps
Natural, wooded beauty, a variety of homes, great shopping centers, low crime rates, and abundant parks and recreation facilities, all connected by Peachtree City’s hallmark system of multi-use paths for pedestrians, cyclists, and golf cart drivers.

Top Schools
With one of Georgia’s top public school systems and incomparable recreational opportunities, Peachtree City is naturally popular with families. But singles, couples, and seniors also enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of Peachtree City.

It’s no wonder that so many of Peachtree City’s residents really “plan to stay” after just one visit.

Good luck!

Last edited by christine2448; 02-15-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM

137 posts, read 740,093 times
We also live in Peachtree City. It isn't a mountain town by any stretch, but I don't think you are going to find that near the Atlanta airport. PTC is a great place to live and raise a family. It is really worth checking out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia