Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 PM

893 posts, read 791,220 times

Advertisements

Have you loooked at Hendersonville NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM

205 posts, read 989,682 times
Yes, we actually went there 2 weeks ago...I am not sure of the area though...all I have heard is that it has a high crime rate and that there are no young people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
Have you loooked at Hendersonville NC

Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
If you are a big Mountain lover then I suppose you would have to choose Western NC.. more mountains.. bigger mountains.. more quaint mountain towns.. HIghlands is great.. as is Cashiers.. Franklin... Hendersonville.. so many others.. Not knocking North Georgia.. ts just you have more choices in Western North Carolina.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:29 PM

205 posts, read 989,682 times
I really like the idea of Western NC, but I don't know of a city...my hubby had a job offer in Hickory, but I wasn't very impressed when we were there...I know we didn't see the entire city though.
I wasn't all that impressed with Asheville either (not saying these are not great cities, but I don't know if they jive with our tatses, etc). I love the mountains and would like to live in a smaller (not REALLY small) town near the mountains, but I still need to be able to get to the grocery store, etc without driving 30 minutes. I really want to be in a place it snows as well....not A LOT of snow, but a little snow would be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
If you are a big Mountain lover then I suppose you would have to choose Western NC.. more mountains.. bigger mountains.. more quaint mountain towns.. HIghlands is great.. as is Cashiers.. Franklin... Hendersonville.. so many others.. Not knocking North Georgia.. ts just you have more choices in Western North Carolina.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Asheville is really a nice city.. big enough to offer all of the conviences you seek.. but if you want something smaller with more snow look further west.. Hendersonville, Cashiers, Bryson City should have what youa re looking for... but these towns are considerably smaller than Asheville.. I also love Highlands..

Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 AM

9 posts, read 52,154 times
Yes, Asheville is a great town. I think it may be more expensive, but I don't actually know that. But it has a great feel, lots of young people and activities...kind of bohemian in some ways. Beautiful scenery...

Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 AM

102 posts, read 504,045 times
Hi Need a Change....

sorry it took so long for me to respond. We've been really busy getting ready for our trip down to NW GA in a few days. Cannot wait to look around. Specifically, we are looking in the Chickamauga, Lafayette, Rising Fawn areas. From what I have found online and on this site, these areas seem to be great with good schools, people etc. I believe it to be about 30 mins. to Chattanooga. When we get back from the area, I will let you know what we found out. Also, if you are interested I can send you a link to a website that lists all the housing in these areas. I was shocked when I saw how great the prices were. Just let me know. On the flip side (NC) again.....trust me when I tell you that NC is HIGH, HIGH, HIGH.....not kidding either. Western NC is really HIGH. Believe me, I have looked and looked and looked some more to find a nice moutainous area with an okay cost of living. It does not exist in NC. So, again I will let you know what we find out about the Chickamauga, Lafayette, Trenton, Rising Fawn areas. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:12 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
We are moving to Chickamauga after the first of the year, and simply love the area, trenton, rising fawn, etc....I will be looking forward to your posts, luvsthebeach!!!! I am having difficulty finding much online as far as places to rent in Chickamauga...any help will be soooo appreciated!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:58 PM

102 posts, read 504,045 times
Katsmeeyow,

That is great. We are planning, if all goes well, to come down in early summer, hopefully 1st of June ish. There seem to be a lot of "lease options" in the aforementioned areas, at least from what I can tell on the net. My suggestion, which came from another member here, would be to contact a realtor in the area. We are going to the area this week for a couple of days to start. Just to look around, meet some of the folks, check out things for a little while. Once we come back, I will be checkin' with the realtors. Also, have you looked at the Walker County newspaper? It has listings from several other areas included. I just skim down til I find the Walker County Messenger entries for real estate.

I will let you know what I find.....when you get down there, please keep in touch and fill me in.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 07:34 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Thanks luvsthebeach! I actually have spoken with a few real estate companies. When I mention we want to rent an apartment or find a home to rent, I have been told that they don't handle rentals and don't know of any property management companies in the area. Perhaps I should ammend what I say to "a house to lease"? Oh well, I will continue to contact people until I can find us something! (It's turned into a quest now! LOL) Seriously though, everyone has been very nice, I just think that if I keep talking to different folks, I will eventually find someone, who knows someone, who's uncle has a friend......etc.....that might have a house to lease.....you get the picture! LOL

I will continue to look at the local paper. Maybe I am making it harder than it is to find something to rent in chickamauga. I will re-evaluate my methods and go from there!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and stay in touch!

Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia