Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2006, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,865 times

Advertisements

We are living in Florida, Gulfcoast, north of Clearwater, I know you guys probably say, upphs, here comes another one. We are interested in the north-east section of Geogia, around Athens, Gainesville or Cleveland. Looking to buy a new double-wide, Fleetwood preferred and a 1/4 to 1 acre lot, nothing bigger, on some hilly country road or residential area, but no MOBILE HOME PARK. I would appreciate it, if some of you could give me a few hints and an idea what the properties go for.

Thanks Grimmy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2006, 06:15 PM

4 posts, read 53,369 times
I am from Athens Ga. I think it's a great place to live, it has the city side with all kinds of things to do and then it has it's rural areas as well. If you are looking to buy a double wide try the more rural areas between Athens and Oglethorpe; but you might be suprised what kind of house you can buy. In Flordia im sure the realestate is pretty pricey but around athens you can find pretty resonable prices for houses. Also check out Oconee County.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 16,388 times
Welcome, I love it here where I am, I wish I could get me place sold and move nearer in the city, I want right in town, its just a small town, not much of anything. Many people love it here, we have new comers all the time. I have a good price on my house and land if you might run across some one that wants to move to the north Ga mts. It is a wonderful layed back home place.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 AM

6 posts, read 16,388 times
I love it here, I have a 3 bed room and like 3 achers, 6 lots, for sale. Little brick house, good land, no big hills, we have had horses on some land in the back, we have 2 road sides. Very good place for children and not having to be way out in the boom docks. This house is old but here is planty of land to build, I am handicapped and need to be more in town to get around in my wheel chair, Here is like 1.5 miles from the city. I love these parts. Need pictures I have them.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:18 PM

470 posts, read 1,500,271 times
Hi, you can get DW lots fairly reasonably, depending upon how far from Athens you would like to live. Oglethorpe County is a good area. If you are looking in the single acre size, expect about $15000-$22000 (unless you are close in, then it would be higher). An excellent lot, that I am familiar with, in a very good location just sold for $16,000. But, most of those available in that size are for site built homes. You can move up to slightly larger lots for not much more money, for instance there is currently a two acre parcel with asking price of $25,000.
There might also be lots available in Jackson County, but will have neighbors closer together in many instances.

You could also consider buying an existing DW for sale, I have seen many excellent ones for very reasonable prices. Or, you can look at a regular home, there are some that might be in your budget (not knowing what your budget is). There are some fantastic foreclosure deals available in the area.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM

150 posts, read 481,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
We are living in Florida, Gulfcoast, north of Clearwater, I know you guys probably say, upphs, here comes another one. We are interested in the north-east section of Geogia, around Athens, Gainesville or Cleveland. Looking to buy a new double-wide, Fleetwood preferred and a 1/4 to 1 acre lot, nothing bigger, on some hilly country road or residential area, but no MOBILE HOME PARK. I would appreciate it, if some of you could give me a few hints and an idea what the properties go for.

Thanks Grimmy

Dang another one..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia