Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,673 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be moving to Cartersville from San Diego as soon as we can sell our condo. My wife's family is living in Kennesaw and we hope to raise our kids near them. Does anyone have any thing good to say about Cartersville? Bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 7,193 times
I've been in Cartersville since 1999. It's a nice, quiet area and the school system is pretty good. We are moving to Tennessee for business [cut]. We've enjoyed our stay in Cartersville...it's convenient to Kennesaw, and Atlanta.

Last edited by Marka; 09-01-2006 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: no advertising on the forum please

Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 AM

950 posts, read 3,191,239 times
I have lived in Cartersville for several years now. The city has a very lively downtown that are somewhat uncommon from other cities its size.

The traffic in and around Cartersville are usually crazy after 3:00P on weekdays.

Unlike San Diego, Cartersville somewhat is a conservative city.

Overall, the city is a great city to live in.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,713 times
Love it, love it! It's a small city of about 16,000. I'm selling my house there, and hate it because I'd love to stay there, however it's too far of a commute for the fiance. Where are you going to be living? How old are the kids? Woodland High, over on the west side, is excellent academically. I hope you plan on taking advantage of the amenities. They've done a lot of work on a bike trail near the Etowah River, Dellinger Park is large and very, very nice. Downtown they've built the Booth Museum of Western Art, which I love. They have parades for July 4th and Christmas, and Roselawn Plantation has craft events with local entertainment. The Grand Theater has live performances. Lots of folks go to church, and the best time to shop is Sunday morning -- unless you're also in church

It's easy to find houses on nice large lots (mine is 2/3 acre). Outside of town, but less than 5 miles from the center of town, they've built a couple of large subdivisions, the newest one is just getting started and it's going to have an 18 hole golf course and lots of amenities. Stay away from 2 lane Euharlee Road, there are a lot of subdivisions there, and everybody is leaving them, turning left and going in the same direction every morning, and Euharlee gets very backed up where it intersects with Highway 113. There is growth, but it's controlled -- so far.

The only bad thing that I'd have to say is that it is very common to get stuck waiting for a train to cross. That's small town life for you. If you don't like horses and cows, you might not like it. It is a cute town in the middle of a farming area, within a decent commute to Kennesaw and Marietta and even Atlanta if you're willing. I know the area extremely well as I delivered pizza up there for a bit, so if you want more information on specific roads or areas, I'd be happy to tell you what I know. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 29,885 times
Cartersville is a wonderful town......people are friendly and the schools are all pretty good. In the summer months there are concerts and car shows downtown on the weekends. Cartersville also has beautiful parks and also nearby Allatoona lake. You could be in Kennesaw within about 15 minutes.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:09 PM

291 posts, read 1,360,898 times
What is Kennesaw like, is this a nicer area than Cartersville, can anyone tell me where all the good schools, neighborhoods are and where to avoid and how much I should spend on a home to ensure this? I appreicate any help, thanks in advacne!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 AM

86 posts, read 437,887 times
Well it totally depends on what you are looking to spend on a home! You can get anything from the mid to upper 200's all the way up to 1 million+ in Kennesaw. You can have a pretty wide range of areas as well from Kennesaw, to Woodstock to Canton to Acworth. It can depend on where your working as well. Give more insight as to your work location and so forth and we will try to help from there.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,713 times
Lookingforsafehome, I live in Kennesaw now and it is a pretty nice place, but traffic is getting horrible, and that's just getting around locally. Prices are a good bit higher than up in Cartersville too. It's closer to Atlanta which is good if you're working in Atlanta, or even Marietta. I just sold my little house in Cartersville, which was about 1400 S.F. with 2 car garage and a 2/3 acre lot for $120K. In a nice neighborhood in an excellent school district. It was a 14 year old home and of course the new ones go for much more than that, but just to give you an idea. You will sometimes get stuck waiting on trains in Cartersville, and there are some roads that get congested during rush hours, but nowhere near like Cobb County. We've PMed about this, I'd be glad to give you more info on Kennesaw too if you're interested.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 PM

291 posts, read 1,360,898 times
Thanks Sharon for your help! I want just get out of this overrated depressing town, and actually live in a real home, not a townhome in the ghetto! That is what you get in my neck of the woods if you can't spend more than 180 for a home up this way, we just need to find a nicer safer home! I could care less how big it was, anything has to be better than we have now!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 8,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagel View Post
My wife and I will be moving to Cartersville from San Diego as soon as we can sell our condo. My wife's family is living in Kennesaw and we hope to raise our kids near them. Does anyone have any thing good to say about Cartersville? Bad?

My husband and I are currently in a move to San Diego from Cartersville. I love Cartersville. It has small town atmosphere with big city advantages. The schools are good, the people are friendly, and you are never far from where you need to be...i.e. 75 and 40 are both very accessible. I lived here for three years and our home is now up for rent/sale. If you are interested reply back. We are currently looking for a place to live in San Diego; close to Miramar and Camp Pendleton. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia