Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 03:29 PM

8 posts, read 15,662 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
My husband and I are in our mid 20's/early 30's and we want to relocate by 2011 out of Orange County CA. We think its beautiful and safe here and enjoy the cool ocean breeze but 1) its way too expensive 2) have an issue with the lack of parenting/disrespectful children in our area 3) very non-conservative views 4) lack of good tech jobs available.
My husband has a computer security networking degree and is looking for a job in his field. I work as a top avertising consultant at the 8th rated best publishing company in the world. We are looking for very specific things. We are not certain yet on which area would best meet the lifestyle we are looking for.
We are considering Temecula CA or Sandy UT. I have been to both of these areas and liked them both but dont know much about them. Im going to tell you what we are looking for so you can tell us what you think would be the best option out of these two places. I apologize in advance if anyone is offened by my preferences but it would be hard for me to tell you what Im looking for without expressing them. Sorry if my preferences dont match your own.
My husband and I are looking for 1) a safe community with low crime. We are looking for 2) an affordable place to rent/buy apartments/homes. We are looking for 3) an area with well behaved children (parents who take an interest in raising their kids with manners). We are looking to be around other conservative people who are NOT pro gay marraige or pro abortion. We are looking for an area with decent jobs available (tech jobs would be great for my husband). We prefer a suburb area that is within 15 minutes driving distance of a main city that has shopping, places to eat, jobs. We DONT want to live in an area with high crime or drugs.
Can you tell me based on what Im looking for if you think Temecula Or Sandy would be good for us? Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please dont reply with any rude comments as one disrespecful user did, Clongirl. This person suggested I move close to a good high school because they said my writing wasnt up to their standards. I pity anyone who is just one here to waste people's time with nasty comments. Only serious and helpful suggestions please. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 PM

11,095 posts, read 7,013,487 times
As you probably know, Temecula is nowhere near 15 mins. from a big city! It's very pricey there too. Sandy sounds like a far better fit for you. Being a metro area, you'd have better luck with jobs, and your husband (and you?) wouldn't have to commute to San Diego, Orange County or Riverside. From what you describe you're looking for, I don't think you could go wrong with Sandy, Utah, especially if you are open to the Mormon community.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 PM

36,698 posts, read 67,730,823 times
Sandy seems to fit your criteria more than Temecula.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,428,230 times
If you think Orange county has "very non-conservative views" than any place in California outside of Bakersfield would likely not suit you. As for unruly children, good luck finding a town anywhere in America. Ironically, Temecula has one of the highest Mormon populations in California but considering that Orange county, in general, is too nice to gay people than you would likely be better off leaving California ASAP [can we help you pack?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:44 AM

489 posts, read 1,327,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If you think Orange county has "very non-conservative views" than any place in California outside of Bakersfield would likely not suit you. As for unruly children, good luck finding a town anywhere in America. Ironically, Temecula has one of the highest Mormon populations in California but considering that Orange county, in general, is too nice to gay people than you would likely be better off leaving California ASAP [can we help you pack?
I was thinking the same thing. If Orange County (which is known to be one of the most conservative parts of CA) is not conservative enough for you, then you need to find another state. What you're looking for just isn't what you're going to find in CA. Utah would be a better choice, or perhaps the Bible Belt- I'm sure there's plenty of people in both those areas who are anti women's/gay rights.

Also, you wont find both affordable and close to a big city in CA, so Utah or the Bible Belt would probably be better for that, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.