Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 PM

705 posts, read 1,661,317 times

Advertisements

I notice Washington State and Oregon don't get much action on this board, how come? I have never visited either areas but I would like to in the future. The Pacific Northwest seems to have the optimum blend of nature, culinary tradtion, progressive people,well educated populous ect. Why doesn't this area get more respect? Is it overshadowed by San Francisco? My friend just got back from the Olympic Mountains and said the beauty was staggering and unparrellled and he lives in the Sierra's! What does the pac northwest offer that truly makes it unique, what does that area do better than anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I think its an individual preference in regard to this region. It is a beautiful region and that can't be denied. I think it is a very unique area and its people as a whole, not so much on an individual basis are unique also. It is not an area for everyone as no place is. I think newcomers some not all, are captivated by the natural beauty of the area and find that is where it ends.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
I think it gets lots of recognition. Everyone in the world wants to move to portland. Most people acknowledge Seattle as the best skyline on the west coast. I want to want to move there. (If that makes sense.) It seems like a great fit but I can't convince myself I could handle the cloudiness.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:31 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
I notice Washington State and Oregon don't get much action on this board, how come?
You couldn't be anymore wrong. Portland gets a lot of love on this board, and Seattle is often praised highly, rarely anything bad said about either.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 PM

404 posts, read 595,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You couldn't be anymore wrong. Portland gets a lot of love on this board, and Seattle is often praised highly, rarely anything bad said about either.
This.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:41 PM

160 posts, read 183,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
I notice Washington State and Oregon don't get much action on this board, how come? I have never visited either areas but I would like to in the future. The Pacific Northwest seems to have the optimum blend of nature, culinary tradtion, progressive people,well educated populous ect. Why doesn't this area get more respect? Is it overshadowed by San Francisco? My friend just got back from the Olympic Mountains and said the beauty was staggering and unparrellled and he lives in the Sierra's! What does the pac northwest offer that truly makes it unique, what does that area do better than anyone else?
This is why:

White Homeland

Old 06-04-2010, 04:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Maybe it's because Oregon and Washington have had a lot of migration from California in recent years...and now nobody in the Pacific Northwest is dying for additional attention.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 PM

11,015 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I think it gets lots of recognition. Everyone in the world wants to move to portland. Most people acknowledge Seattle as the best skyline on the west coast. I want to want to move there. (If that makes sense.) It seems like a great fit but I can't convince myself I could handle the cloudiness.
Say what??!! No way! SF is first, San Diego is pretty good, L.A. blah, Portland very nice. No way would I acknowledge that Seattle has the best skyline. I wouldn't move there if I were paid to do so. Just couldn't handle the weather, the traffic and the layout.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:23 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Say what??!! No way! SF is first, San Diego is pretty good, L.A. blah, Portland very nice. No way would I acknowledge that Seattle has the best skyline. I wouldn't move there if I were paid to do so. Just couldn't handle the weather, the traffic and the layout.
Sorry, more people agree with me than you.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...t-skyline.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-seattle.html

Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Vancouver gets thrown in the mix, too. These three cities get a lot of love (and deserve most of it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.