Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 PM

6 posts, read 27,428 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I am wondering what cities or areas are best for single, educated black women. I'm thinking about New York, but I will consider other big cities (Chicago, LA,etc.)

I live in California, and consider myself fairly liberal. I usually date interracially, as I find I mostly attract White, Indian or Asian men. However, in the city where I live now, unless you are an Asian woman, dating is extremely difficult.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Sidenote: I am thinking seriously about moving to Brooklyn. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2city View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I am wondering what cities or areas are best for single, educated black women. I'm thinking about New York, but I will consider other big cities (Chicago, LA,etc.)

I live in California, and consider myself fairly liberal. I usually date interracially, as I find I mostly attract White, Indian or Asian men. However, in the city where I live now, unless you are an Asian woman, dating is extremely difficult.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Sidenote: I am thinking seriously about moving to Brooklyn. Thanks!!
You might like Boston or San Francisco. I lived in Boston for grad school- alot of people- and ways to meet people. Charlotte, North Carolina or DC might also be a possibility. Nice walkable cities seem to be more social- for example- if I were single again- I think Florida would be hard to meet new people- and you have to drive everywhere. Just a few suggestions!

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-08-2007 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 04-08-2007, 11:01 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2city View Post

Hi

Two words...... HOT-LANTA!
Very cosmo! Very Hip! VERY Diverse! Visit ATL! You'll love it!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
Brikag, I was thinkin the same thing.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 PM

Atlanta has a large black community, but at the same time has the diversity of large cosmopalitan cities. All walks of life bound Atlanta. A few flaws in Atlanta. The traffic is horrendous, esp. at Spaghetti junction. Nothing like LA traffic, but it's there. The sprawl of Atlanta is getting out of hand.
The Nightlife is second to none. They really know how to party at the 96' Olympics (I witness it first hand). The shopping is excellent. The history of Atlanta will put you in awe!
Hartfield airport(ATL) flies anywhere in the world. I've flown from ATL to London and Barcelona a few times and they're direct non-stop flights. The world is right there for anyone with a passport!
Good luck in your decision!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:05 PM

By-and-by, the home prices are alot cheaper in ATL than New York. Average price in NY is 1mill for a two bedroom spread. In ATL, median home price is 300-350k. You get a house w/ a lawn for that. In NY, you get central park and a potted plant on your fire escape. I lived in the southside, 10 blocks from ground zero, about 12 years ago. My rent back then was 2500.00 for a 300 sq/ft closet.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
city,,not much competition up this way,,from the asian woman,,,,

Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times
I agree; definitely Atlanta. That's where it's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.