Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,030 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Albuquerque, and will be an LMT early next year. I am in my late 30s. Here's what I'm looking for:
-warm
-not overly huge (500,000 or less, or at least has the feel of a small city)
-not overly homogenized
-friendly
-has decent yoga studio & a place to train to become a yoga teacher
-inexpensive
-laid back, hippie kind of place, "alternative" but not populated totally by 20 year olds with dreadlocks
-pretty, scenic - maybe some mountains?
-decent employment opportunities for a massage therapist

I was thinking about Asheville, NC, but have heard it's quite expensive and hard to find work. I have more or less described Albuquerque (!) but I do want to explore and experience new places. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,615 times
Louisville KY.

1. Warm summers (although cold winters, not too bad though.)
2. Slightly larger than you want 713,877 (Metropolitan - 1,244,696 )
3. Not overly homogenized, very diverse community.
4. Friendly
5. Google "Yoga Studio in Louisville KY" about 10 results come up.
6. Inexpensive
7. Two words, Bardstown Road!
8. It is KY, You have the appalachian and smokey mtns. near by, on the river, marengo cave about 20miles away to name a few.
9. I am not sure about the last one but i would figure that they would be good.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 AM

33 posts, read 32,589 times
You ask too much. Haaa. Try northern Arizona.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
How about Savannah, Georgia?

Diverse, warm climate, friendly, inexpensive, laidback, bohemian, great yoga community

Savannah, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Island Soma Therapy Yoga Massage Hilton Head Savannah
Connect Savannah - The Free Weekly Alternative Arts and Entertainment Newspaper in Savannah, Georgia - Information on music, theater, art, movies, video, photos, dining, news and issues in historic Savannah, Georgia.
Savannah Yoga ~ Just Show Up â„¢
Savannah Yoga Room, Yoga Schedule, Yoga classes & Yoga Teachers
The Yoga Co-Op Savannah, Ga (http://www.yogacoopsavannah.com/Welcome/The_Yoga_Co-Op_Savannah,_Ga.html - broken link)
Jiva YOGA Center | Hilton Head Island, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.