Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,937 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 25 yr old single guy. Wondering what everyone thinks is the best city to go to meet nice girls. Girls in the northeast are TERRIBLE. So stuck-up and mean. I live outside of Philly now and I am hoping to move in the next year or two. I would like to go somewhere with nice people, good weather, good job prospects, relatively affordable with low crime. Some areas I am considering are Texas, Colorado, Georgia, and Tennessee. I have heard that Austin, Denver, and Nashville are nice, although I have heard mixed things about Atlanta. I am also considering going to Indiana, even though the weather there is terrible. I visited Indiana this spring and the people are so nice there. Totally different from the rude people in the northeast.

Don't get me wrong, for everyone who likes Philly, Boston, or NY, they are great cities for some people. Lots of things to do, great food, lots of history. But I am more of an outdoors person... I like biking and hiking. There is not much green in these big cities.

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best city to meet nice people. So far, i would have to say the nicest people I have met were in Mississippi when I did a service trip to help the Gulf Coast rebuild from Hurricane Katrina, and in Indiana, on a trip with my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:03 PM

105 posts, read 478,264 times
You want to move some place where a lot of new people are moving in. It will make it easier to meet women and people just in general. If you want to meet more open women move out west. When I was at the U of Hawaii I had girls(mostly cali girls) come up and talk to me if they were interested which never happens here in alabama. Had several of these girls just give me their phone number without me asking either. From my experience, here in the south not only will you have to approach the girl but you'll have to carry the whole conversation as well(and you can forget about them just giving you their number, you'll have to ask). Anyways, I'd recommend staying way from the south. Most of the girls don't seem interested in meeting new people and only want to hang with the same cliques they grew up with. As far as nice girls, I've lived in 11 different states and for the most part a good majority of women have bad attitudes(I bet this will get me flamed lol). It seems disproportionately so where I live now.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:55 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,099,741 times
I've noted the women in Indiana and Ohio are pretty friendly without being over bearing or too unladylike. Colorado also seems good. If you think the women in the Northeast are bad you should try out the Kansas City area. It's worse here. I've actually had women here tell me they don't want to go out with me even though I am not asking them out. They think they are higher up on the food chain than I and they most definitely are not. They are first class jerks in the Kansas City area.

Any place that has an influx of people from other regions of the country and world should be a good place to meet people. As one poster noted in an other string, when in Colorado people he didn't know would simply walk up to him in a store or on a sidewalk and start up a conversation. I've had similar experiences in the Denver area and noted the people to be pretty friendly. Even Minnesota and to a lesser extent Wisconsin offered similar experiences for me though that does seem to contradict the alleged aloofness that others have experienced in Minnesota.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:22 AM

389 posts, read 1,096,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Girls in the northeast are TERRIBLE. So stuck-up and mean.
That's because we can spot a loser a mile away.

Not you, of course. ::cough::

As for the city with the "nicest" girls, why don't you try St. Petersburg? Russia not Florida. And be sure to bring lots of money.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:34 AM

In all seriousness, that might be a good idea. A dating service. I've never used one but I know people that have and they're found suitable women through the service. Also, the Russian and Asian mail order route might be a good possibility. There are plenty of down to earth Asian gals that are willing to move to America just to find a decent guy for a long term relationship or marriage and money in most cases will not be an issue. Some of the Russian women are gold diggers though and you have to be more careful when screening them.

Torresdale. I'm from Connecticut and while I never have had any trouble meeting or finding women to date in the Northeast I can fully understand where the OP is coming from. Just because he's run into some shallow jerks does not mean he's a loser. More than likely he's just looking in the wrong places.

I just had another idea for the OP. Even though I've really only dated women from wealthy families and backgrounds in the Northeast one thing I've noted while traveling and living in other parts of the country is that girls that work in retail or restaurants seem to be the nicest and friendliest girls that I run into. Most like to talk and are eager to please! Even here in the Kansas City area I've found a few of these women to be pretty down to earth and enjoyable to talk to. Have you tried talking to any of the girls that work behind the counter of a convenience store or restaurant while you are engaged in your transaction?

Last edited by WILWRadio; 07-25-2008 at 05:43 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 05:40 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,739,096 times
Georgia's got lots of nice girls, just stay away from Atl

Old 07-25-2008, 05:44 AM

When I visited a girl from my high school class that was attending the Univ. of Georgia in Athens I noted her friends were very friendly and pleasant! Good choice.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:52 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I've noted the women in Indiana and Ohio are pretty friendly without being over bearing or too unladylike. Colorado also seems good. If you think the women in the Northeast are bad you should try out the Kansas City area. It's worse here. I've actually had women here tell me they don't want to go out with me even though I am not asking them out. They think they are higher up on the food chain than I and they most definitely are not. They are first class jerks in the Kansas City area.

Any place that has an influx of people from other regions of the country and world should be a good place to meet people. As one poster noted in an other string, when in Colorado people he didn't know would simply walk up to him in a store or on a sidewalk and start up a conversation. I've had similar experiences in the Denver area and noted the people to be pretty friendly. Even Minnesota and to a lesser extent Wisconsin offered similar experiences for me though that does seem to contradict the alleged aloofness that others have experienced in Minnesota.
Don't even get me started on Kansas City. I have found many to be quite snobby, especially in Johnson County. They are far more concerned with making a lot of money and spending time in their own clique. I have found that the people overall tend to be quite friendly and reserved in NH by comparison.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 AM

1,126 posts, read 4,564,593 times
I would say boston has the nicest girls because they are all in college. And the older you get, they stay the same age.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,807,824 times
In my experiences: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Arlington/Ft. Worth, Seattle, Oklahoma (well, the state overall, including the cities)

The OP is right, there seems to be more "bad attitude laden" women than those with good attitudes in general.

Here in Kentucky, there too is a disproportionate amount, and it doesn't matter if I meet them at work, church, school, whatever. Talk about hardly smiling, having random snapping outbursts, standing you up, and the like. Of the phone numbers I've received in the last five years, 2/3 have been from girls who were not Ky. natives. Seriously. If you're looking for nice girls, don't come to Ky., especially Lexington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.