Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,614,714 times

Advertisements

Great Responses everyone! This really helps see what others think about my state and others etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 08:54 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times
My current home is Kansas City. The one thing I'd like to change is the people. I'd remove the roughly 2 million inhabitants of this metro area and replace them with some more normal people.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Tennessee is considering widening I-40 to 6 lanes all the way from Memphis to Knoxville, or about 400 miles. It'll cost well over $1 billion. I wish to God that the state would use that money to upgrade rail service instead.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Arkansas:
-More funding in public transportation and less highway building.
-More eco-friendly initiatives (bring solar power to the state, you'll have new jobs and it keeps Arkansans energy bills low. We rank low as far as income so why make residents have high energy bills?)
-Raise teacher pay
-We need more things to do! I'd like an aquarium, another amusement park, and more museums.
-Allow same-sex couples to adopt.
-Legalized same-sex marriage would be awesome. (A girl can dream)
-Legalized lottery to fund scholarships.
-Cooler summers. lol. I'd like a steady 80-85 degree summer with one or two days of rain a week, to keep things even. =]
-Mandatory annual skills test for drivers over the age of 60. This old woman ran through a red light (it was a double red light, if that makes sense) last week and I had to SLAM on my breaks to avoid hitting her. I kind of wish I had hit her so it would teach her a lesson, she might have gotten her license taken away, and I would have gotten a new car. ::shakes head:: WHY did I have to be a good person and slam on my breaks? I really do regret not hitting her. Does that make me horrible?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Jeez, most of you throw conservative around here like it's an insult or something. This is why I don't care for liberal minded people at all--they think they're superior to everyone else.

I am certain many of you would rather fry in the bowels of hell than live anywhere in this country that is not remotely ultra-liberal.
Isn't the bowels of hell somewhere that isn't remotely liberal? (Not that I believe in hell but...for the sake of argument....)

Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
Maryland - I've make the politics more conservative, the winters shorter and warmer, and demographically.....less illegal immigrants but less racial segregation/more assimilated minorities.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,813 times
Politics. Too conservative and the Republicans run the state. Need a few more Democrats to balance the government and moderate it a little. Need to stop these conservative ballot measures that make SD look like the conservative loony bin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.