Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Los Angeles: traffic, real estate, mortgage, metropolitan city, earthquake survival.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 PM

195 posts, read 648,703 times

Advertisements

I love LA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 08:31 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
I love LA!
I remember that song from one of the Naked Gun movies.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
I've never been there. I'm turned off about LA mainly because I can't stand the egos and political views of the actors. I also understand that it's a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLE1 View Post
LA is decent but it's nowhere as desirable as some Angelenos here want to believe. Go ahead, flame me all you want, but you know (or should know) that it's the truth.

It's not as "loved" as say, NYC, San Francisco or Chicago.
Wait so now your saying you live in L.A?

yea sure, on HERE because theres just a bunch of chicago boosters trolling the forums

but go out in the real world and los angeles and manhattan are the real two megapowers in the u.s

Old 06-26-2008, 12:08 PM

162 posts, read 271,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtar View Post

yea sure, on HERE because theres just a bunch of chicago boosters trolling the forums

but go out in the real world and los angeles and manhattan are the real two megapowers in the u.s
Who said I lived Los Angeles? "Here", as in CITY DATA FORUM. Please work on your English comprehension.

You have the nerve to call me a booster and you have only one post? You're probably one of the trolls who rigged that Los Angels poll.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtar View Post

I think for the most part the representation on City-Data is close to that in real life.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I think for the most part the representation on City-Data is close to that in real life.
You have to be kidding me! The regulars who post on this site are not representative of America generally. Most of us have a particular interest in cities, planning, development, or something similar that most average Americans do not. Most people on blogs/forums like these are not the average American and stats show that too.

You seriously think 58% of American enjoy talking about cities as much as people on here do: https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-web-site.html

There is another thread from a while back that has stats for different sites and it showed the differences of typical City-Data users compared to the average American; generally they tend to be whiter, more educated, etc...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You have to be kidding me! The regulars who post on this site are not representative of America generally. Most of us have a particular interest in cities, planning, development, or something similar that most average Americans do not. Most people on blogs/forums like these are not the average American and stats show that too.

You seriously think 58% of American enjoy talking about cities as much as people on here do: https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...-web-site.html

There is another thread from a while back that has stats for different sites and it showed the differences of typical City-Data users compared to the average American; generally they tend to be whiter, more educated, etc...
I should have clarified. I meant that because a state has a greater population that they will be better represented here. People's views as well because people from the same regions tend to have a mindset similar to most others regardless of race.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
FYI, a majority of Kansas City's metropolitan area is in Missouri. Same goes for the population.

California exists because of people looking for something better. Many of them learned otherwise.

Yes, the Ozarks are heavily flooded with ex-Californians. Trust me.
Yep, I can attest to that, and I'm a native San Diegan and was able to locate the Ozarks on the map,lol, which landed our family outside of Springfield, MO. We loved it there and really loved the 4 seasons and actually having some weather!
I like LA to visit but we couldn't wait to get out of California, not because of the high housing prices, but more because of the huge population of illegals, which in my opinion, makes LA so undesirable.
Californians are leaving by the boat loads, alot of my family and friends have made the move out of state. I didn't want to relocate anywhere near the west coast, I wanted something totally different! Now we are in Georgia after spending a few years in Missouri. We've seen so much of the country that we only read about in history books. It's super cool! We are now getting ready for another move, to Virginia! No desire at all to go back to CA, but I do miss so cal mexican food, taco shops!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Yep, I can attest to that, and I'm a native San Diegan and was able to locate the Ozarks on the map,lol, which landed our family outside of Springfield, MO. We loved it there and really loved the 4 seasons and actually having some weather!
I like LA to visit but we couldn't wait to get out of California, not because of the high housing prices, but more because of the huge population of illegals, which in my opinion, makes LA so undesirable.
Californians are leaving by the boat loads, alot of my family and friends have made the move out of state. I didn't want to relocate anywhere near the west coast, I wanted something totally different! Now we are in Georgia after spending a few years in Missouri. We've seen so much of the country that we only read about in history books. It's super cool! We are now getting ready for another move, to Virginia! No desire at all to go back to CA, but I do miss so cal mexican food, taco shops!
Hope you are happy w/ yahoos/Biblebelt fanatics. Your lost, California's gain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.