Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If it were to ever happen again, what states do you think would join the new CSA?
FlORIDA 27 20.15%
GEORGIA 96 71.64%
ALABAMA 116 86.57%
MISSISSIPPI 116 86.57%
SOUTH CAROLINA 108 80.60%
NORTH CAROLINA 61 45.52%
TENNESSEE 78 58.21%
ARKANSAS 79 58.96%
LOUISIANA 85 63.43%
TEXAS 50 37.31%
OKLAHOMA 38 28.36%
MISSOURI 27 20.15%
KENTUCKY 55 41.04%
WEST VIRGINIA 46 34.33%
VIRGINIA 38 28.36%
MARYLAND 11 8.21%
DELAWARE 7 5.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
oh no you dont.
Your not going to ruin us and then run off and create your own country-now you are going to stay and help us fix the mess your son George W Bush created and then we'll talk about succession. Until then, oh HELL no.

LOL
Well, look at it this way. We'll pay for the war in Iraq that was the brainchild of the Republicans, and you guys pay for the bloated welfare state that was the brainchild of the Democrats.

The thing is, the Iraq War might actually come to an end in our lifetime. The Welfare State? Your grandkids will be paying that bill.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:50 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,438 times
Quote:
It dosent make economic sense for anyone to leave the country.
This is not true. California gets screwed by the federal government. They get way more from us than we get from them. California would be much better off independent.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
Personally I think that the US should form into about 6 different countries:

PACIFIC:
California
Oregon
Washington

MOUNTAIN:
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Idaho
New Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana

LONE STAR:
Texas
Oklahoma

MIDWEST:
Kansas
Nebraska
South Dakota
North Dakota
Missouri
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois
Wisconsin
Indiana
Michigan
Ohio

SOUTH
Louisiana
Arkansas
Mississippi
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
West Virginia

NORTHEAST
DC
Maryland
Delaware
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
New York
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Vermont
Maine

Then Alaska, Hawaii, and Florida should go independent.
Umm I think we Texans would want to be a 'Lone' Star.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes30 View Post
LOL..yeah but he was born in Connecticut and the Bushes have strong ties to New England.

But Texas is like its own country. It has its quirks but it's still a cool place.
Exactly! He was created in the Northeast lol. Also, its not the rest of the South's fault that George is being dumb, and for that matter its not the state of Texas's fault either. Just the people who chose to vote for him, and there are people from all over that did. Don't forget that he likes to create......i mean "recount" his own votes on occasion.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 AM

531 posts, read 1,743,895 times
I think the whole "Red state" "Blue state" thing has only served to divide the country more. The conservatives are "neoconservative" (Not all but many) and the liberals have gotten "too liberal". What we need are more moderates in government who can bring the country together,not tear it apart. I don't know why anyone would be in favor of another Civil war,given the bad feelings that still exists with some people even today. (speaking as one who lived in a divided state in history). That's what made America great in the past--acknowledging differences and including them--not letting them divide us and make us weaker.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Don't count on that. Richmond and the Hampton Roads will be right along with NOVA. Virginia would not go and while Texas is essentially a Southern state, I also do not see them joining the CSA if it was to ever happen again (at least I would hope not). Maybe the older Texans would love for it to happen but with so many new people coming in internationally and domestically from the midwest and California and that showing no signs of slowing down, I wouldn't think so. into the state Florida, Virginia, and Texas would probably not go.
As concerns Texas these days, the point about un-ending waves of northern and international migration and how it could/would affect the question at hand, is a good one, Spade.

If I had to "bet" on it, I would still go with that Texas would eventually end up with the new Southern Confederacy. For if nothing else, it is (as we both agree) essentially a Southern state...and would quickly find itself isolated and alone in a union of states with which it has not a whole lot in common either historically or culturally.

But yeah, there is also something to be said about it today becoming as divided as some of the Upper South states (Tennessee, Virginia, etc) were back in 1861. And actually split into different states over the question?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Another succession would simply mean another smashed rebellion. I dont care who would want to join the CSA, but whoever did would instantly be my enemy until death.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Another succession would simply mean another smashed rebellion. I dont care who would want to join the CSA, but whoever did would instantly be my enemy until death.
The south wasn't "smashed" the first time lol, it was actually very close at times.I don't know how much you know about the civil war, but it was only a rebellion because northern troops came and told the south what they had to do. If it did happen and my home state of Arkansas joined, i would support it, but just hang out in California lol as the might be neutral. Seems a little rough there though steve-o why would they be your enemy instantly if there was just cause? :/

Old 04-08-2008, 05:15 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
The south wasn't "smashed" the first time lol, it was actually very close at times.I don't know how much you know about the civil war, but it was only a rebellion because northern troops came and told the south what they had to do. If it did happen and my home state of Arkansas joined, i would support it, but just hang out in California lol as the might be neutral. Seems a little rough there though steve-o why would they be your enemy instantly if there was just cause? :/
What the? LMBO

So northern troops came and told southern troops what to do, eh? Riiiight. I suggest hitting the history books again my friend.

And yes, the south was smashed. There were several close battles throughout the war no doubt, but any historian would tell you that the north was fighting with one hand tied behind its back.

Also, the reason theyd be my instant enemy is because they would have taken everything our forefathers worked so hard to build, and throw it in the garbage.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What the? LMBO

So northern troops came and told southern troops what to do, eh? Riiiight. I suggest hitting the history books again my friend.

And yes, the south was smashed. There were several close battles throughout the war no doubt, but any historian would tell you that the north was fighting with one hand tied behind its back.
Yep, I have hit the books, also my dad is somewhat of a historian(decided to go into law for better financial endevours lol) so i'm well versed in the civil war. That is what happened, its in the books, go read them(to fix what you said, northern troops came and told the southern politicians what to do, not the "southern army"). And again, the south wasn't smashed, many close battles and some great victories. Many soldiers were lost on both sides, and the south fought well even though they lacked supllies and troops at many points in time. Again, the North did tell the south that they had to answer to the "federal"(north) government and change the way things were(basically a slap in the face) and yes they did bring troops. The south said no thank you we'd rather not be pushed around, and the war happened. And is saw you added a line. The north already effectively did that by telling the southern people what to do. So it already happened lol, what you support is also partially against what the original forefathers were for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.