Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 01:29 PM

14 posts, read 19,668 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to live and work in America, which cities and states are battling against these initiatives??
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 02:22 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,437,500 times
Id say Texas is your best bet because it is conservative for the most part and has a good economy so you could find a good job easier than many other places.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:05 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,180,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Id say Texas is your best bet because it is conservative for the most part and has a good economy so you could find a good job easier than many other places.
I know many people who would say that being "conservative for the most part" is a turn off.

TX's economy is okay depending on what you're looking to do. If TX is on the table you should also look into Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:49 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,437,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
I know many people who would say that being "conservative for the most part" is a turn off.

TX's economy is okay depending on what you're looking to do. If TX is on the table you should also look into Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia.
hi,I only mentioned Texas being conservative because the OP was looking for states that oppose UN agendas.I would not think New York would be opposed to the UN agendas because the UN building is in that state.I hope this clears everything up and I am sorry for any confusion caused.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:02 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,126,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waycar66 View Post
Where is the best place to live and work in America, which cities and states are battling against these initiatives??
Thanks!!

I'm not sure where you're getting this information (or hysteria), but maybe think outside the box a little bit and research more. Many, if not most cities (including in TX) are figuring out that it's just not practical to continue to sprawl on and on and on. Eventually, someone's got to pay for the costs of all of that infrastructure. There's no agenda forcing people to take buses or to live in an apartment or walk everywhere.... just more living options and options for getting around. This higher density growth also means more revenue for cities to fix potholes, improve traffic signals, fight crime, etc. Even the massively sprawling suburb Plano, TX is looking at more mixed use planning because they can't continue to expand.

With that said, there's tons of places throughout the country where you can live in a sprawling, low density suburb and never have to worry about those pesky sidewalks or bus lanes. Honestly, most of America is low density suburban.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:45 PM

37,307 posts, read 39,658,179 times
Definitely NYC

Old 11-29-2016, 06:38 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,732,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtxman34 View Post
i'm not sure where you're getting this information (or hysteria), but maybe think outside the box a little bit and research more. Many, if not most cities (including in tx) are figuring out that it's just not practical to continue to sprawl on and on and on. Eventually, someone's got to pay for the costs of all of that infrastructure. There's no agenda forcing people to take buses or to live in an apartment or walk everywhere.... Just more living options and options for getting around. This higher density growth also means more revenue for cities to fix potholes, improve traffic signals, fight crime, etc. Even the massively sprawling suburb plano, tx is looking at more mixed use planning because they can't continue to expand.

With that said, there's tons of places throughout the country where you can live in a sprawling, low density suburb and never have to worry about those pesky sidewalks or bus lanes. Honestly, most of america is low density suburban.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.