Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 02:46 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times

Advertisements

In California there's approximately 4,300 wineries, 120 breweries, and 58 distilleries, and who knows how many are in the other 49 states. Apparently lots of alcohol drinking around (California is #25, exact middle in US). BUT, California is the second least smoking state (Utah is #1).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 06:04 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,089,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hi here in the UK we can't smoke in pubs/clubs/restaurants basically all closed in public places ( but ok on the street ) and we now can't even smoke when we drive

My question is where are you aloud to smoke in the U.S. I do know some states have different rules I know California are quite strict on it

Cheers
You really should just give up smoking; it's a disgusting, expensive, pointless, and potentially deadly habit. I honestly don't understand why people even start, knowing FULL WELL the dangers and the social stigma it holds. Some of the anti-smoking PSAs they show on TV now are so shocking and disturbing it's scaring hordes of smokers to finally quit.

Here in Minnesota, smoking is strictly banned basically anywhere that isn't a private home or vehicle. Smoking is more or less frowned upon, and a lot of people smoke in secret for fear of ostracism.

Your best bet is any of the staunchly conservative states where health and public welfare isn't a priority, so, basically the South.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:08 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
Kansas banned smoking in most businesses and public spaces a few years ago. Honestly, I don't mind. I never smoked and don't like to be around smokers. It's a habit I never want to pick up. I do believe Kansas is too strict on alcohol laws however. I know a few people who say it has helped with kicking smoking all together or helps keep their smoking in check.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
You really should just give up smoking; it's a disgusting, expensive, pointless, and potentially deadly habit. I honestly don't understand why people even start, knowing FULL WELL the dangers and the social stigma it holds. Some of the anti-smoking PSAs they show on TV now are so shocking and disturbing it's scaring hordes of smokers to finally quit.

Here in Minnesota, smoking is strictly banned basically anywhere that isn't a private home or vehicle. Smoking is more or less frowned upon, and a lot of people smoke in secret for fear of ostracism.

Your best bet is any of the staunchly conservative states where health and public welfare isn't a priority, so, basically the South.
Hi jen

I enjoy smoking they way I look at it I'm could get hit by a bus tmrw , don't get me wrong I'm not a passive smoker mainly when I have a drink, the only time I will look to give up smoking is when I have kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Kansas banned smoking in most businesses and public spaces a few years ago. Honestly, I don't mind. I never smoked and don't like to be around smokers. It's a habit I never want to pick up. I do believe Kansas is too strict on alcohol laws however. I know a few people who say it has helped with kicking smoking all together or helps keep their smoking in check.
Hello Matt

Lol yes giving up alcohol would naturally stop me smoking but unfortunately going out for a drink and a smoke is what I do to unwind I'm heading for Texas but will ( when I get the chance ) travel across parts of the U.S.

Thanks for the post mate

Old 08-22-2015, 06:23 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
Quote:

Hello Matt

Lol yes giving up alcohol would naturally stop me smoking but unfortunately going out for a drink and a smoke is what I do to unwind I'm heading for Texas but will ( when I get the chance ) travel across parts of the U.S.

Thanks for the post mate
I wouldn't come to Kansas, I like it, but for someone from a big international city it would likely suck big time.

Texas is a great state, I have a friend who moved to Dallas a few years back and he loves it there. You might check city laws as well. Some cities have stricter laws then the state on smoking. I could see that being true in Texas.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The OP was pretty specific in his questions...you're off-topic.
Thank you!!!! Natural

Smoking is a disgusting habit but venting anger and being a troll on a Internet forum ain't a much better habit

Old 08-22-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I wouldn't come to Kansas, I like it, but for someone from a big international city it would likely suck big time.

Texas is a great state, I have a friend who moved to Dallas a few years back and he loves it there. You might check city laws as well. Some cities have stricter laws then the state on smoking. I could see that being true in Texas.
Again thank you Matt it's corpus I'm moving to

But I will certainly check it out mate

Old 08-22-2015, 06:27 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,089,823 times
Quote:
Hi jen

I enjoy smoking they way I look at it I'm could get hit by a bus tmrw , don't get me wrong I'm not a passive smoker mainly when I have a drink, the only time I will look to give up smoking is when I have kids
Your funeral, dude. I mean, anything can kill us at basically any time, but I'm not suicidal.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Your funeral, dude. I mean, anything can kill us at basically any time, but I'm not suicidal.
what because smoking is an unhealthy habit smokers are effectively suicidal?

That's is the most stupid comment I've heard in a long time ( especially the most tasteless with the suicide threats on here)

People that drink, are overweight, dangerous/stressful jobs etc are at just as much risk!! I'm an occasional smoker cigarettes about 5 a day for me is not going to kill Me is it tut

Old 08-22-2015, 06:40 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
For one, North Carolina, where they grow it and it's a big part of the state's economy
Actually, NC has gotten increasingly strict on smoking in public places:

TPCB: SmokeFree.NC.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.