Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:09 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,395,325 times

Advertisements

Based on the list provided by the OP, when these states are compared from a collective standpoint, this is true. Whites in the 10 best states for white people have a lower average income than whites in the 10 worst states for white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 09:17 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Polak View Post
This is a dumb thread. White people don't have to face racism anywhere in the USA. Okay, maybe sometimes, but it's nothing compared to what some African-Americans and other racial minorities have to face.
In spite of that, black Americans are more well off economically than blacks in practically any other country in the world.

The same is also true of Americans of all other racial/ethnic groups compared to their racial/ethnic peers in other parts of the world.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:01 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Best States for White People
Utah
Hawaii
Idaho
South Carolina
Arizona
Colorado
North Carolina
Montana
Wyoming
Texas

Worst States for White People
Rhode Island
New Jersey
Connecticut
New York
Illinois
California
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Michigan
Massachusetts

What do you think about these choices?
Hawaii? You've got to be kidding me. I've been told there's a lot of resentment in Hawaii among the majority Asian population against white Americans.

I can't really dispute New Jersey, unfortunately. But Pennsylvania? Outside of Philadelphia, it's mostly white. Even Pittsburgh is a mostly white city. Pennsylvania is also good for its less restrictive gun laws. I'm white and I would live in Pennsylvania. Michigan also seems pretty nice, except for Detroit. The Upper Peninsula seems like a nice place.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:17 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Can't agree with Michigan. Outside of Detroit, rural MI might as well be the South. I saw numerous rebel flags flying between Lansing and Grand Rapids this weekend, and that's not a big area.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:28 AM

14,352 posts, read 17,019,980 times
Again, just because the white population of an area is shrinking doesn't mean it's a bad place for white people.

Some of the wealthiest suburbs surrounding NYC have a shrinking population. This is mostly because even though the local schools are top notch, parents of school age children cannot afford to move there, so the population becomes increasingly dominated by aging empty nester families and retirees. It's a bad place to be a parent unless you're rich or inherit a house. But that doesn't translate into being bad for white people.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:31 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,151,585 times
lol.

If by good for whites you mean surrounded by other whites (Americans and foreigners of European heritage), then new-england states are the best in the country for whites. I have no idea how Rhode Island made your worst state for whites unless this is a troll thread. And Hawaii to make the best. I have heard from countless people that white people in Hawaii suffer ostracization and even bullying from the native Hawaiians.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,398,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I think Vermont and Maine are pretty good for white folk. Didn't see too many minorities, and the ones I did see were recent immigrants from Africa and Asia.
Vermont is only good for new age hipsters that follow Phish around the country.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,398,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I think Vermont and Maine are pretty good for white folk. Didn't see too many minorities, and the ones I did see were recent immigrants from Africa and Asia.
Actually Portland and Lewiston Maine along with the Minneapolis area are where Sudan refuges located, still no problem being white there.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:51 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,810,285 times
I'm not sure Hawaii qualifies. I've experienced discrimination there from the local Hawaiians when I've visited. And I know people who have moved there to attend school who did not have any friends until the first few months because the locals thought they would end up moving out soon, since a lot of people do that in Hawaii apparently.

How does Arizona qualify?

Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,142,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Best States for White People
Utah
Hawaii
Idaho
South Carolina
Arizona
Colorado
North Carolina
Montana
Wyoming
Texas

Worst States for White People
Rhode Island
New Jersey
Connecticut
New York
Illinois
California
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Michigan
Massachusetts

What do you think about these choices?
Michigan????? These White people seem to be having a good time. And I think I spotted you between 2:16-2:19 (the second to the last on the right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMtE4LWmAtM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.