Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,891,374 times

Advertisements

I would imagine Hawaiians probably get people fawning over them asking them lots of questions about their state since so many want to go there.

There's a lot of people who have a crush on the Northeast and love the accents from there. Maybe the same for the Southeast, accents can loved or hated.

People seem to love Alaska but its rare meeting an Alaskan outside of the PNW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 01:39 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
This forum is rampant with sarcasm. I don't even think this portion of the website has a true moderator. It's like a bunch of kids at recess and all of the supervisors disappeared.
Soooooo, I guess that means scratch Cedar Rapids from the Most Liked Americans list.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:40 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,655,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
People seem to love Alaska but its rare meeting an Alaskan outside of the PNW.
Not true--there are tons of ex-Alaskans living in Arizona. In fact, I work with one. Also, I see Alaska plates at least 1-2x/week.

You've lived in Arizona for your entire life, so I'm somewhat surprised to see you make a comment like this.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM

233 posts, read 374,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Soooooo, I guess that means scratch Cedar Rapids from the Most Liked Americans list.
Oh don't vote me off the island so quickly.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Most every place in America is hated by someone in the States. America has haters like that. So I think a better question is who is the least disliked. Probably Hawaiians. It's hard to hate a happy islander though I have heard rumors that they are racist out there.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:37 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Most every place in America is hated by someone in the States. America has haters like that. So I think a better question is who is the least disliked. Probably Hawaiians. It's hard to hate a happy islander though I have heard rumors that they are racist out there.
SOME people out there don't like White tourists. But most Native Hawaiians my White dad has encountered were friendly and couldn't care less that he is White.

I would say Hawaiians, Alaskans, and some Southerners (not the crazy judgmental, religious type). People are usually intrigued by Californians and Northeasterners but I wouldn't say they are "liked". Some people find Californians to be fake or Northeasterners to be rude, and some just get jealous that they are from such cool and happening areas.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM

81 posts, read 124,746 times
I live in a very very touristy town in AZ, we get people from pretty much every state.

The ones I liked the most and some I am still in contact with would be
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
EASTERN Washington

Least liked
California
Nevada
Utah
Colorado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.