Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NC/SC friendliness real or fake?
Real 15 75.00%
Fake 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

i spent some time in NC and thought the ppl were very friendly.

just curious if this is a genuine friendliness or if its fake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 05:15 PM

601 posts, read 964,160 times
This is a very anecdotal question. It really depends on who you run into. In my time in the Carolinas, I have met many people with "real" friendliness, and people with "fake" friendliness. In other words, your mileage may vary.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,133 times
TBH, I don't really find people in NC, specifically Charlotte and Raleigh, to be nearly as friendly as they're purported to be, consistent with Metro Atlanta. I don't even really encounter all that much fake-friendliness in those areas either--people just seem unfriendly overall.

Atlanta in particular is very cut-throat, pretentious, ghetto, fast-paced, etc., and Charlotte isn't too far behind.

People in Raleigh, OTOH, are more aloof and genuinely disinterested, consistent with New England/NY/NJ/Florida--very few noisy Southern types in the RTP.

That said, people in the smaller coastal cities, esp. Charleston and Savannah, seem warmer and more genuinely friendly than people in the Piedmont cities.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:34 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Well, generally you get back what you put out there. JME.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Well, generally you get back what you put out there. JME.

Exactly!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,971,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
TBH, I don't really find people in NC, specifically Charlotte and Raleigh, to be nearly as friendly as they're purported to be, consistent with Metro Atlanta. I don't even really encounter all that much fake-friendliness in those areas either--people just seem unfriendly overall.

Atlanta in particular is very cut-throat, pretentious, ghetto, fast-paced, etc., and Charlotte isn't too far behind.

People in Raleigh, OTOH, are more aloof and genuinely disinterested, consistent with New England/NY/NJ/Florida--very few noisy Southern types in the RTP.

That said, people in the smaller coastal cities, esp. Charleston and Savannah, seem warmer and more genuinely friendly than people in the Piedmont cities.
This sounds VERY sterotyped.

It depends on the individual. No matter where you're from.

That said, a vote would be moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.