Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Good list. I'd add Phoenix to the list, but I'd have dropped memphis, because, lol memphis. I'd consider dropping Dallas and Minneapolis also. Houston might make it. I think having jobs seems like a fairly cool thing for a city to have. Being unemployed is not hip. Sidenote: The term hip, in itself, is stupid.
So jobs are hip, but then you say the term hip itself is stupid...

Just about everyone I know has a job--no matter where they live, so that doesn't really mean much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 10:13 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Houston and Dallas are basically suburban sprawl with office buildings plopped in the middle and a couple industrial areas scattered around. They do have high population growth rates but mainly due to economic opportunities/weather.
1. That's really oversimplifying it. There are good museum/arts districts, historic neighborhoods, etc.
2. Austin is not much different really, outside of the added hills to the west and State Capital. It even lacks in many big-city amenities in comparison (no real museum/arts district). It's all about the marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
Actually, I'd wager that the inner city neighborhoods of both Dallas and Houston are awesome in their own right, and are quite cultured and advanced as well. The neighborhoods are also quite walkable too. Contrary to popular belief, you can find well preserved historic areas in both Dallas and Houston.
Definitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.