Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I've also been around white racial makeup all my life. I want a way out! I want to be in Diversity!
I'm black and trust me, you really don't. With diversity comes consequences. It's not always a good thing.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 PM

31 posts, read 60,746 times
you actually would be suprised. Not everyone in the south are backwoods or rednecks, they are lots of blacks too. Thats a west coast generalization and stereotyping

Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM

31 posts, read 60,746 times
yup they are blacks that live in england and not all mediteranians are white too plus they have the threat due to islamification

Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I've also been around white racial makeup all my life. I want a way out! I want to be in Diversity!
The problem with this is that it is mainly Whites who seek diversity so they move to 'diverse' places and make them more White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who told you it was acceptable to come to this forum and post this kind of thing? Just wondering.
I don't think the OP is very... PC, to put it mildly, but he hasn't said anything directly offensive either.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:07 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
I find this thread stupid, but to answer the question WV.

The state is probably 90% white. It is the least diverse state. No real major cities though.

You should move to a place based on how you like it and racial makeup.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Really, after TT's post, the OP should be researching it himself unless he's wanting to bait something else. Your inquiry has been answered. /Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Colt View Post
you actually would be suprised. Not everyone in the south are backwoods or rednecks, they are lots of blacks too. Thats a west coast generalization and stereotyping
Uh, the vast majority African-Americans are Southern. Obviously some Africans have immigrated here, but black natives are mostly Southern. They spread to industrial cities with booming economies back in that day. And the way they're segregated to themselves, a lot of their Southern culture has been retained. The South is still where blacks are concentrated and the blackest area of the country. Oh, and A LOT of blacks are "backwoods" and very country.

Generally, the most liberal places are the whitest. However, if you're looking for a conservative area that's mostly white, a fair sized city or metro, and not too conservative, I would check out Springfield, MO or the Faytteville-Springdale-Rogers metro area otherwise known as Northwest Arkansas. Those places are extremely white, which I think is due to "sundown towns" and similar devices that rid those areas of blacks a very long time ago. I believe that was done unjustly at the time, but it paid off. In the end, it makes for some of the largest urban areas in the country without ghettos or high murder rates. The cost of living is cheap too. And there's tons of scenic terrain, mountain ranges, forests, large lakes, and lots of outdoorsy recreation in both areas, which are actually part of the same larger area - the Ozarks.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 AM

93,259 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm black and trust me, you really don't. With diversity comes consequences. It's not always a good thing.
Or a bad thing and the consequences can go in various directions.

As for Springfield MO and NW Arkansas, I think that has more to do with its location and terrain as well as possibly having a Sundown Town history. Meaning, the percentage of people of color wasn't that high anyway.

I would suggest some places in Upstate NY, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for various reasons.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAubin View Post
Iceland
Lol.

I can't believe someone wouldn't want to be around a diverse population.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 AM

93,259 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Lol.

I can't believe someone wouldn't want to be around a diverse population.
I'm not surprised and people do it even within diverse areas more than they realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.