Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How proud to be American are you?
Not much, I've never really even given much thought to it. 38 31.15%
A bit, I have some pride, but i'm not too much of a 'homer' 34 27.87%
Very proud to be American, but I'm not an exceptionalist either 31 25.41%
Extremely proud. I admit, I am the flag waving type. Love it or leave it baby. 19 15.57%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times

Advertisements

Anyone who is angry with America should move to a Narnian city where absolutely everything under the sun revolves around that city getting an extra Starbucks to prove it has more per capita than the next Narnian City.

In the Narnian cities, they forget there is a world around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 AM

475 posts, read 508,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Anyone who is angry with America should move to a Narnian city where absolutely everything under the sun revolves around that city getting an extra Starbucks to prove it has more per capita than the next Narnian City.

In the Narnian cities, they forget there is a world around them.
Im angry at this country for being so backwards when it comes to gay rights/abortion/transexual people/etc. Contries in Europe (even Argentina) are so advanced when it comes to that but no, in the US some people (thanks Conservatives and Republicans) want to take us back to the dark ages.
And no, im not moving to Narnia or any other country because i like it here but i cant stand how backwards we are.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Im angry at this country for being so backwards when it comes to gay rights/abortion/transexual people/etc. Contries in Europe (even Argentina) are so advanced when it comes to that but no, in the US some people (thanks Conservatives and Republicans) want to take us back to the dark ages.
And no, im not moving to Narnia or any other country because i like it here but i cant stand how backwards we are.
Let me get this straight -- Abortion = progress??

Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM

297 posts, read 1,035,193 times
No I'm not patriotic and I was born in the U.S. My wife and I are in our mid 30's and are seriously considering moving to Vancouver, Canada just to be out of the U.S. In the past few years we have traveled to Europe, Hong Kong, Canada, and Australia. We experienced much less tension, anger and ignorance in these other countries.

The trip to Australia was very recent and Sydney felt like a good fit. There were friendly open minded people, nice beaches, great restaurants, with a cosmopolitan feel. On the last day we were dreading the return to the angry U.S.

I'm loyal to my city, but not the U.S. as a whole. The guns, religion, and hatred spread across this country like the plague...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I didn't vote because the selections weren't written in the right context. Patriotism does not mean having pride in one's country. Patriotism by definition means love of one's country and willingness to sacrifice for it. I do not believe in pride. But I am a VERY patriotic American. I have always loved this country but never truly realized what a blessed and incredible nation this is until I had an epiphany of sorts. I love this country so much and I would never live in any other. I truly believe this is the greatest country on the Earth.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 AM

37 posts, read 145,483 times
Good riddance to ya'll that want to move to another country!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
I'm very patriotic and still very much care about my country. I served this country in the military for over 20 years, as did my brother, father, uncles and cousins.

But sadly this country is moving away from the core principals on which it is was founded. And because of that we are a country in decline. I often wonder if we will ever be that "Shining City on a Hill" that Ronald Reagan once proudly spoke of.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
The last time I looked, Europe is not doing so well either.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Only during the 4th of July and the Olympics, I'm more state pride though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Whoever can fire off the most/best fireworks in the neighborhood during the 4th. My family always wins that war considering we go to a Firework store in Wisconsin and practically buy everything that's in there
hmmmm

Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Modern America is something I am not too proud of. Our politicians are whores to big business and Wall Street, and we're slowing becoming a police state. Our leaders have lost their way and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.