Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,371 times

Advertisements

Orlando: We all go to disney at least once a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 06:10 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissan View Post
LOL! That's funny.

Florida:

-we go to the beach everyday (cause everyone lives a half mile from the coast) .

-we can't vote.

-we're either all old or young and blonde. (LOL)

-we're used to hurricanes cause they seem to happen several times each year (which is quite the opposite considering many of us have lived here for years and have experienced none or very few...well up until a couple years ago....)

Old 09-12-2007, 06:52 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Frederick county to other marylanders is thought to only have only rednecks, which is how it gots its nickname to people in MD, Fredneck

Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
My kids were asked if they skiied or rode horses to school in Colorado. Both went to college out of state.

We're sort of "country". Nothing could be further from the truth. Most Coloradans live in metro areas, esp. Metro Denver.

We're all conservative. Not true, we're more Libertarian. Even the liberals hate the govt. here.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM

265 posts, read 814,043 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You forgot deer huntin' [QU

Ya Hey Der
Add pasties, fish boils,poker runs, and saying "eh", and you've covered the upper peninsula of Michigan too.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:13 PM

54 posts, read 186,059 times
The most positive stereo-type of Ohio that I've heard is that many of its Citizens are very down-to-earth type ppl. Although we do have our fair share of A-holes, I mainly agree.

Negative (and false) Ohio Stereotypes:

-It snows constantly from October through April. (This could also be applied to Minnesota, Michigan, etc., But ive heard this said specifically about Ohio more than once.

-That we are all either Big City Snobs or Rednecks.

-That every single Ohio resident is an obsessed OSU Football fan. There are plenty of ppl in Ohio, believe it or not, who don't give a hoot for football. Even more significant, is that among the football fans, Not Every College Football fan in Ohio is an OSU Buckeye Fan. There are plenty of Ohio Citizens who root for OSU's arch-rival, Michigan. (maybe not around Columbus, but definitely in the north part of the state, especially close to Toledo).

-We don't know what the word "soda" means, or that there even is such a word.

-Cleveland is a complete trash-hole.... Yes, it still has its problems, but visit downtown Cleveland sometime, and you'll see its much nicer now than it was say 20 or 30 years ago. Cleveland also has plenty of nice suburbs, especially on the west side.

-For a state as big as we are (Top Ten in Population), it is so boring and there is practically nothing to do. No reason to visit whatsoever. ...... I've heard ppl form this opinion based on one past trip, to a place like Youngstown, or Canton, or Portsmouth. Don't base your opinion of the whole state around one small city. There is plenty to see and around Ohio.

Ill post more if i think of a few more that ive heard...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
This has been done to death.
People just love it!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:43 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmc783 View Post
The most positive stereo-type of Ohio that I've heard is that many of its Citizens are very down-to-earth type ppl. Although we do have our fair share of A-holes, I mainly agree.

-It snows constantly from October through April. (This could also be applied to Minnesota, Michigan, etc., But ive heard this said specifically about Ohio more than once.

-That every single Ohio resident is an obsessed OSU Football fan. There are plenty of ppl in Ohio, believe it or not, who don't give a hoot for football. Even more significant, is that among the football fans, Not Every College Football fan in Ohio is an OSU Buckeye Fan. There are plenty of Ohio Citizens who root for OSU's arch-rival, Michigan. (maybe not around Columbus, but definitely in the north part of the state, especially close to Toledo).

-Cleveland is a complete trash-hole.... Yes, it still has its problems, but visit downtown Cleveland sometime, and you'll see its much nicer now than it was say 20 or 30 years ago. Cleveland also has plenty of nice suburbs, especially on the west side.

-For a state as big as we are (Top Ten in Population), it is so boring and there is practically nothing to do. No reason to visit whatsoever. ...... I've heard ppl form this opinion based on one past trip, to a place like Youngstown, or Canton, or Portsmouth. Don't base your opinion of the whole state around one small city. There is plenty to see and around Ohio.

October snow in Ohio? That's a new one for me, at least as far as it being common, it definitely can happen in Northern Ohio. Even for Cleveland from what my mother, who grew up there tells me, they didn't start to get snow until maybe mid-November. Central and Southern Ohio to my knowledge don't get snow until maybe December or late November at the earliest, about the same as here.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmc783 View Post

October snow in Ohio? That's a new one for me, at least as far as it being common, it definitely can happen in Northern Ohio. Even for Cleveland from what my mother, who grew up there tells me, they didn't start to get snow typically until maybe mid-November. Central and Southern Ohio to my knowledge don't get snow until maybe December or late November at the earliest, about the same as here.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 AM

345 posts, read 976,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissan View Post

Ha-ha! I've lived in Florida for 10 years now, including four years of college in Central Florida, and I still haven't gone to Disney yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.