Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times

Advertisements

Chicago has what you're looking for, but it's not magically friendly. It takes time and energy to break into the social scene, just like pretty much anywhere else. It might even be a little harder than in east coast cities like New York.

Also, Cleveland is a very real city and a very big city on its way back, and very affordable. It won't be the nicest place or have the best job market right away, but if you buy in now, you should be handsomely rewarded in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 04:13 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,255,343 times
Cleveland should definitely be on your list of cities ... It's a wonderful city with "A - M - A - Z - I - N - G * A - M - E - N - I - T - I - E -S"
Cleveland is very urban, it has all of the older and fantastic architecture that you would find in similar cities like Boston, Philly or Chicago ... We have the 2nd largest performing arts / theatre district in the U.S. ( Second only to Broadway in N.Y.C. ), one of the top 5 art museums in the U.S. ... fabulous suburbs to suit any taste or financial standing, awesome and eclectic city districts ( Shaker Square, Tremont, Little Italy, Ohio City, Cedar Fairmount, Edgewater )

Here, you can enjoy the WORLD RENOWNED Cleveland Orchestra ... and if you ever fall ill, there's simply no other city you that should be in ... this city has a plethora of prestigous hospitals that include the renowned "Cleveland Clinic" and "University Hospitals of Cleveland"

I really think you'd be pleasantly surprised with Cleveland ...

Monster.com also named it as having "the 7th best job market in the U.S."

Cleveland Named 7th Hottest Job Market in Country - WJW

So, allow yourself to explore Cleveland, I think you'll like what you discover here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgwVMf77fvE

Last edited by JohnDBaumgardner; 01-22-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.