Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM

738 posts, read 999,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Have you tired tracing the family on the census? If they were married in 1951 than they'd certainly each be on the 1940 census living with their own parents. Maybe even old enough to appear on the 1930 census? www.familysearch.org you can search and view the 1940 census for free. You can search the 1930 index there also, but can't view the census page itself there. Easiest way to see the 1930 census is to use www.ancestry.com at your local libary (many libraries offer it for free on their computers.)
Yes...I was able to track the family back several years but...it doesn't really help the current issue. The sad part is that with a marriage date of 1951 and a divorce date of 1958, they will never appear as a 'family'.

I did send off for my birth father's military record. Hopefully there will be some reference there to the marriage date. I am also sending off to surrounding counties for a marriage record search. The two most promising seem to be Lake County, Indiana (Crown Point) -and- Lake County, Illinois (Waukegan). My mom told me they spent some time there before they got married. And finally, I am going to try and obtain the actual divorce file to see if there is anything in there (highly doubtful, but if I'm in the city anyway...) Who knows? Maybe I'll just get lucky

So now it's hurry-up-and-wait. So that's just what I'll do.

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestion.

RVcook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy