Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,725 times

Advertisements

I am having the most difficult time finding pots/planters for large plants like palms and plants that are 5-10 ft high. I would like nice ceramic, decorative ones, not just standard terra cotta and it seems they are only smaller, and not made in the 20-30" sizes. If anyone could recommend websites that they have used or stores in the Tampa Bay area I would appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:05 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,772,702 times
I've seen many in Home Depot and Lowes (although this time of yr. pickings might be slim). Look in your local yellow pages for statuary places/garden centers, they usually have a large variety.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Check out some concrete planters. Any more concrete can be dyed and scrolls and designs like that can be cast when they are made.

They should come in the larger sizes too.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 23,906 times
Default Biancko's Design Furniture - Vase, Planters, Umbrella Stands, ...

Hello, to everybody.
I have had very good experience with Biancko's Brand www.biancko.com

P.S. Here are some Images:

http://shop.biancko.com/images/home-design-flower-pot-decor-furniture-Italy.jpg (broken link) http://shop.biancko.com/images/home-Design-Blumentopf-Dekor-Mobel-Italia.jpg (broken link) http://shop.biancko.com/images/home-Design-Blumentopf-Dekor-Mobel-Italien.jpg (broken link) http://shop.biancko.com/images/interior-designer-design-furniture-planter-box-pot-italy-002.jpg (broken link) http://shop.biancko.com/images/interior-designer-design-flower-pot-decor-furniture-architect-art-ashtrays-Italy016.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Rance; 01-22-2009 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Advertising

Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 AM

110 posts, read 373,068 times
Hey!

I, too, like to use large pots as I rent a house and do not want to put plants in the ground that will be hard to take with me. I've found that buying large ceramic planters online is hard because companies do not want to ship individual planters that could break with FedEx or UPS.

I have found some here that may work for you:

Yardiac.com: Large Planters & Oversized Pots

or these:

Yardiac.com: Lightweight Fiberstone Planters

Old 01-21-2009, 07:41 AM

Hi Yardener,
I suggest to write an e-mail to Biancko's Brand (design@biancko.com) where you indicate what model you are interested in and where are you from; they deliver their products in all over the world and they will make a shipping quotation to you depending on the model you choose, quantity and your shipping address. No problem with break during shipping, because their planter / box / pot are all steel made.

I think TORINO Planter model could meet your requirement (see the catalog at biancKo.com, Design Made in Italy (http://shop.biancko.com - broken link) )

I suggest this, as a large pot / planter to contain the external plant:
TORINO Verniciato - Ø 900 x h 1100 [VGI09001100VE-TO] : biancKo.com, Design Made in Italy

I hope this information could be useful to you,
Bye

Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM

110 posts, read 373,068 times
Hi,

Thank you - not really my style, though. And I can't read Italian.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Ok Yardener, I hope you could find the style you like.

Good Luck, m.

p.s. the web sites are translated also in english language; there is a switch botton on the right side.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,373,230 times
You can buy a big one made of plastic or whatever that you like the design of, or even use the terra cotta, if you spray paint it with the paint that looks like a stone finish. After painting you need to spray paint it with a clear poly coat to protect it from the weather. It looks good and feels like the real thing. Something bought at the dollar store can look nice, heavy, and expensive with a little of this paint.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
I'd go with lightweight too and have several that I found at our local Home Depot. Once you get those ceramics loaded with soil and the plant itself they're IMMENSELY heavy - and they tend to break/chip easily too. Good luck in your hunt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden