Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 7,376 times

Advertisements

Greetings All,

I work from home and generally enjoy living in close proximity to entertainment and good dining options. I am not very familiar with Frederick (I currently reside in Alexandria, VA), but I do know that it has a cute downtown area and lots of affordable new homes.

I'm just curious if anyone is familiar with Wormald's River Place Townhomes? I believe Wormald is a trusted builder, but I have not ventured out yet to see some of their model townhomes: https://www.wormald.com/neighborhood...lace-townhomes

I do however love many of the online floor plans (in the River Place community) and the modern sky terraces offered. I'm just wondering if the area is within walking distance to Downtown Frederick and generally desirable for a single 30 something year old woman w/out children?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM

148 posts, read 369,860 times
Those look nice, but I would not consider that to be walking distance to downtown Frederick. It's a few miles north of downtown and you'd have to navigate busy roads if you tried.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM

6 posts, read 7,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackDogs View Post
Those look nice, but I would not consider that to be walking distance to downtown Frederick. It's a few miles north of downtown and you'd have to navigate busy roads if you tried.
Is Frederick generally a good/safe place to live? Also, how far are those townhomes from downtown Frederick? I am thinking that it's no more than a short 2- 5 mile drive?

Old 08-30-2017, 08:54 AM

16 posts, read 28,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesForums2020 View Post
Is Frederick generally a good/safe place to live? Also, how far are those townhomes from downtown Frederick? I am thinking that it's no more than a short 2- 5 mile drive?
Frederick's great! Lots going on in this little city. If you like Wormald homes, check out East Church as well. Closer to downtown (about a mile+ outside) and plenty of options. It's a bigger neighborhood, and still a ways away from being completely finished. When are you thinking of moving?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:35 AM

103 posts, read 183,948 times
If I were living near Frederick, I would think of this neighborhood as one of my top choices, based on neighborhood aesthetics/vibe/nearby amenities/homes themselves. Not walking distance, as was mentioned, but a short drive (and in my experience, driving into DT Frederick is pretty easy, compared to a place like Annapolis). I would compare it, at worst (busy Summer night) to getting into Old Town Alexandria from a close part of Springfield.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,342 times
Default River Place at Frederick

We are buying a home at River Place. It's 3 miles from downtown, which takes usually less than 10 minutes to drive. The drive should be even easier once construction is completed on Monocacy Blvd. I can say that we looked at East Church and decided on River Place because it is walking distance to a shopping center with a grocery store and a stone's throw to just about anything you'd need. The Wormald homes are better constructed than other builders. We fell in love with the sky terrace.

As far as Frederick itself, I can't say enough about how great we are finding it. We've tried probably 15 or so restaurants so far that are well above average and there are many more to try. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
View detailed profiles of: