Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM

70 posts, read 294,324 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]For entertainment I like going to Lower Greenville, specifically the now defunct Hurricane Grill (they will be back) and Knox-Henderson. I am wondering if there are any areas in Fort Worth that are similar to the Greenville or Henderson vibe. Restaurant, bars with patio seating, outside of downtown FW. I plan on visiting Downtown FW often this summer, since I know live equal distance from each city. I would like to get to know FW more and would love to find neighborhoods with a happenin’ restaurant bar area. I don’t like places in shopping centers, where if you sit at the patio you stare at the parked cars. Any suggestions? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,051,988 times
8.0 in downtown has patio seating and live music--nice location except it is on one of busiest streets in Sundance

Joe T Garcia's in the Stockyard area is known for its large patio but the music situation is more iffy
White Elephant Saloon in Stockyards has outdoor patio

Reata has upper level patio area with great views of the city and bar/restaurant space

new area west of downtown called So7--in area of old Montgomery Ward store that was turned into condos/retail/restaurant space--has new bar/restaurant called Capital Bar with large roof-top patio

Grapevine itself has Esparza's mexican restaurant that has patio area on neighborhood street
Uncle Julio's there also has patio area that is across from the access road on 114

might find this link to someone's personal blog useful--not sure how accurate the info is since it is more than year old
http://fortworthholeinthewall.blogsp...io-update.html

the Museum of Modern Art also has nice patio area

Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 AM

70 posts, read 294,324 times
Hey loves2read thanks for your suggestions.

I really thought I would get more responses, there must not be anything else outside of Downtown and the Stockyards. I've been 2 both places a couple of times and while I do enjoy them it would be nice if there was an area with more of a neighborhood feel than a tourist feel.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:15 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,772,564 times
There are other places but they are all over the place. Camp Bowie area has bars, TCU area has low key bars, Bluebonnet Circle, 7 St., downtown, etc. Unless you are a "native" it is hard to know where alot of places are. Alot of bars are also restaurants that have outdoor patios, etc. Try Area bars / clubs / lounges | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth (http://www.pegasusnews.com/places/bars/ - broken link) and see if there is anything you like.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,704,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethewindycity View Post
Hey loves2read thanks for your suggestions.

I really thought I would get more responses, there must not be anything else outside of Downtown and the Stockyards. I've been 2 both places a couple of times and while I do enjoy them it would be nice if there was an area with more of a neighborhood feel than a tourist feel.

I'm not familiar with Dallas yet as I just moved to the DFW area, but I think Magnolia Ave in the Near Southside may have some of the vibe you're looking for: more progressive, 20-30 somethings, very laid back.

I suppose I can't post specific places since it would be advertising, but there is a well-known Latin-American Restaurant/bar, along with many other world cuisines/vegetarian places that are worth checking out.

If you look at the tabs on the left side of this site ("Things to do") I think you'll find what you're looking for: http://www.fortworthsouth.org/FWS/explore.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth