Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txlady615 View Post
I am a native Texan, and currently live out of Keller, which is in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Prices of homes range anywhere from $100,000 to several million. While the immediate area of Keller is flat, the Fort Worth, Denton area is rolling hills, green grass and trees. Some things we keep secret in Texas since we don't want it to get crowded and mess up our landscape. This is a bible belt area, with lots of just good country people!
I would have probably liked your area....but darn it you kept it Too secet

But I agree with the post about why am I here, Ive stayed too long and bid you all farewell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 01:13 AM

184 posts, read 863,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I would have probably liked your area....but darn it you kept it Too secet

But I agree with the post about why am I here, Ive stayed too long and bid you all farewell.

I believe sberdrow was being sarcastic
And no need to leave ... hope I didn't run you off.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,784 times
Hi!
You seem very knowledgeable so I thought I would just ask you vs. posting something at this point. We are probably being relocated in the next few months from my home town in NC. We live in the capital so everything is a MAX of 15 min. away or closer(downtown, airport, all shopping, etc.) I have lived here all my life but excited about the idea of starting new. I have a 4 yr. old, 15 month old and I am pregnant. My husband will work off of 35 W N. FWY close to the Speedway and Alliance Airport.
If he gets the job we will have several house hunting trips and help from relo but I want to do some research now. They will set us up in a rental for a few months free and I think that is the best route since I am clueless about the area and don't want to buy then hate it and can't sell. Can you please shoot straight w/ me and tell me where to live and even specific neighborhoods. Preschool, all schools since grade K is in the near future, well built homes and close drive to basic stores, parks, library(target, grocery, mall) is so important. I am use to driving 1-5 mile to get to alot of that. I also don't want to live in an area where it might be a great neighborhood but in rush hour it takes 10 min. to leave the entrance b/c of traffic. I want to be close to my husbands work too so he's not away from us anymore then he has to be. We are looking at spending about $350K on a home--would love some trees since I am from NC.
Please help me!!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,991,400 times
Everyone must go where their pocket book allows. That being said, Keller is not a community on the rise any longer. They've overbuilt. They have a busy railroad track bordering the west side. Lot's of low priced tract homes and medicore schools. If you want to see Keller's future look at "The Colony" today. Yes its has some nice neighborhoods, so don't get me wrong, it's not all bad.

Granted you've got to live near work, but on the same income level Grapevine blows Keller away. Better schools, better looking, less cookie cutter, the lake, grapevine main st, etc.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,895,105 times
I am sorry to disagree with you. Keller proper the town of actual Keller (not what the part of FW that incorporates Keller ISD) Is very nice an not OVERBUILT, houses here are holding thier value.
now west of 377 is a different story all together. yes, that area is overbuilt with mass tract homes etc... and it is seeing loads of foreclouses etc...
But I don't seeing it going the way of the Colony..only time will tell I guess.
But if the whole Alliance corridor buliding project actually goes forward, then you will see that area rebound.

And as far as Grapevine goes...I really liked it and the schools are great. But traffic around the area of the mall and resturant strip can be a pain. The housing prices are higher there as well.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:30 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,920 times
I thought this thread died a long time ago. Back then Keller had some of the best schools in the Dallas \Fortworth area. What happened? or was the poster simply wrong. They could not have changed in a 1 year period that much. I did however think, at the time that the prices where to high, and rising to fast.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

hmmm I live west of 377 and just wondering where 5stones means as being overbuilt compared to Keller?
On 35W and Heritage Trace Pkwy the Alliance Town Center is developing now. JCPennys, Hobby Lobby, Cheddars and a couple of banks have opened so far. Best Buy is set to open next month and Belk's is nearing completion from what I understand. There are new homes being built in my immediate neighborhood (The Bluffs at Heritage).
There is development in the works or being planned all around our area. There is talk of a Mall, a Ski Resort and more. Lots of room for building over here in the red headed step child area. lol

Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
hmmm I live west of 377 and just wondering where 5stones means as being overbuilt compared to Keller?
On 35W and Heritage Trace Pkwy the Alliance Town Center is developing now. JCPennys, Hobby Lobby, Cheddars and a couple of banks have opened so far. Best Buy is set to open next month and Belk's is nearing completion from what I understand. There are new homes being built in my immediate neighborhood (The Bluffs at Heritage).
There is development in the works or being planned all around our area. There is talk of a Mall, a Ski Resort and more. Lots of room for building over here in the red headed step child area. lol
I agree, we also live in the Keller in some would like you to think the ghettos. We love the area and it feels pretty open to us. Shoot we have to drive past cows sheep, goats, etc.. everyday to get school on what could best be called old farm roads. There is still a lot of open land to develop and I would venture to say more than in proper Keller. I do hope that they slow down on the home building a little though and maybe concentrate on commercial building for a while.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,895,105 times
Quote:
we also live in the Keller in some would like you to think the ghettos
I hope you are not refering to me. I never said it was ghetto over there. I know of quit a few people who live there.

But there are A TON of houses for sale in the Woodland Springs area and in the Heritage plan. lots of those homes are in forclosure and there are ALOT of empty ones as well.

By OVERBULIT, I mean that in those two huge developments esp VOWS...it has a VERY high density of houses all in one small area. From 35 you can a sea of roof tops. all jammed packed together. Then yes, you have the open fileds with cows etc...
They are building some nice shopping etc... but the HOUSES are OVERBUILT for the ammount of people living out there. With as much OPEN land htat is there it's a shame they didn't space the houses out more. But AGAIN this area is FT worth and unincorp Ft Worth, not Keller.

I think the builders really put he cart before the horse out there....too many houses and not enough businesses etc...

It offers very affordable housing for alot of families. Not many places in the US can you still get a nice 4 bedroom house for under 200k.

I think (JMO)Heritage is planned better than VOWS though... that place should have it's own zip code etc... But then again some people like that type of master planned tractneighborhood, it's just not my cuppa tea.

And...if anyone discounts ANY area in ANY city based on what peoples OPINIONS are with out ever seeing it for themselves...They are very naiive.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I agree, we also live in the Keller in some would like you to think the ghettos. We love the area and it feels pretty open to us. Shoot we have to drive past cows sheep, goats, etc.. everyday to get school on what could best be called old farm roads. There is still a lot of open land to develop and I would venture to say more than in proper Keller. I do hope that they slow down on the home building a little though and maybe concentrate on commercial building for a while.
Soccersupporter, we love the feel too! It's a wonderful place to live. Did you know about Alliance Town Center and what all they intend to build there? In addition to the Best Buy,Belk and Pennys (with Sephora located within the store) I mentioned above there is also going to be a book store (Barnes & Noble), a major furniture store, a movie theater, a hospital as well as many other stores and resturants. North on 35W by Tx Motor Speedway will be additional retailers and resturants. Actually, come to think of it, Wautauga is where we do some of our shopping and eating throughout the week as well as Southlake and Grapevine. Keller we pretty much drive on through getting to somewhere else as they don't really have much to offer those of us who live "west of 377"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth