Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 AM

11,872 posts, read 26,939,309 times

Advertisements

Euless and Keller will be a LONG drive to Lockheed through heavy traffic.
Benbrook will be convenient, as will the area of Fort Worth around Hulen Mall.
The areas immediately around the plant are not the best...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM

150 posts, read 419,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrasmomma View Post
Im in the same situation, moving to FT Worth this summer, husband will be at the White Settlement Plant. I have a 4 year old and had my heart set on Keller due to school ratings, but after reading here I think I need to reconsider. I would like to rent for the first year to get a feel of the neighborhood.
Any advice?
Benbrook, Burleson, Euless help!!! I have not idea where to go
I would like to be near shopping areas, not malls but supermarkets, easy access to local shops.
thanks so much!!!
I'd definitely rent so you can get a feel of the area. Once here, you may realize you are willing to live a little further out or your husband may decide he wants nothing to do with the commute and you want to live as close as possible. We're in Saginaw and have a few neighbors who work at Lockheed. We have small kiddos and love the area. Not sure of your price range, but if you were to look in this area, I'd recommend the subdivisions close to Willow Creek Park Good luck and feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about the area!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 AM

20 posts, read 48,854 times
Renting for a year would be a good idea. I suggest checking out the Saginaw and Lake Worth areas. 820 can have you at Lockheed in just a few minutes. I wouldn't recommend living east of I-35W unless you like sitting in traffic.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 AM

3 posts, read 7,042 times
To Matt & Kyrasmomma or anyone going to work for Lockheed

Try the Canyons Apartment's on River Park Drive , I used to work for them and they are a great place to live with alot of floor plans to choose from and alot of amenaties that most apartments do not have, the owners run it like it is a resort and you just can not go wrong with the canyons Apartment you can call them at this phone number 817-495-0800 and ask for ReAnn and tell them
Pam told you about them and tell her I said Hello while your at it Please

Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 AM

3 posts, read 7,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiematt1 View Post
Thanks for the info. What about the CityView area? Matt
I do not know how long ago it has been since they were in White Settlement but it must have been a long time back because it is not run down ! White Settlement is just just like any other town ( Some sections have older homes , but yet they are not trashy ) White Settlement has several new city buildings ,schools and baseball fields and parks ect. White Settlement also has it's owne library ,recreation center,and a senior citizen center and it's owne fire department and the schools are rated among the top ten in the state of Texas and besides that the Whit Settlement area has more New homes than it does older homes and they are not run down !! You just have to choose which part of White Settlement you waunt to live in the newest section,fairly new or the oldest section of White Settlement ( you know the eara were the first homes were built that started the town to begain with ) and keep in mind Whit Settlement has very high standards and strict city codes when it comes to upkeep and the maint. home and the property.....

Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM

4 posts, read 46,591 times
Looking for a house that's close to Lockheed, away from the run down city of White Settlement, but with little traffic. Here are some options:

Average Income
----------------
Take a look at the Westpoint neighborhood. It's just west of 820 on either Clifford (White Settlement Road) or Westpoint Blvd.

Check out Lakeside, TX. A cute little town (where I live) on the northern end of Lake Worth. It is quiet, reasonably priced, and you can take Silver Creek Rd straight to Lockheed and avoid highways altogether on your commute.

Best place to rent nearby would be Constellation Ranch. On the west side 820 just north of Westpoint Blvd. It's not the cheapest, but it's newly constructed and very nice.

The Ridglea / Westover Hills / Westworth Village areas are a mixed bag of really nice neighborhoods, but sometimes too near to higher crime areas. There are great options in these areas, ask locals to be sure! Some very upscale areas exist in these if you're into that.

Money to Burn!
---------------
La Cantera. It's near Lakeside off of Silver Creek Road south of FM 1886. There are other more upscale areas in and near Lakeside too.

If your income allows it, consider the new neighborhood west of 820 on Team Ranch Rd. It's quite upscale. I forget the name, but there is nothing else but this neighborhood when you go west on Team Ranch, so you can't miss it.

Depending on where you move, you could end up in a number of different school districts. White Settlement ISD is decent - I graduated from there. Azle ISD is very good - I grew up there.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,698 times
Kyrasmomma -- I would also recommend the Eagle Mountain/Saginaw area. The commute to Lockheed is about 25 minutes, and the schools are great. The community has some wonderful amenities and a very family-friendly feel. We've been here 8 years and love it.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:38 AM

59 posts, read 207,550 times
Citiview is a good area.... nice houses nearby (Meadows West, Mira Vista, etc) along with new apartments (5-10 years old) and lots of retail. area around Bryant Ivin and IH20 gets backed up every rush hour (and weekends too) but still a good area. Commute to Lockheed would be a breeze after you get though that intersection.
White Settlement area itself is a good area WEST of 820. (yes, I'm aware that it's technically Fort Worth west of 820)

Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
I live in White Settlement and also work for Lockheed. I moved to this little town for a few reasons. It is close to where I go to work at. It is a small town of about 15000 and is 7 miles from down town Fort Worth. This town is pretty much a laid back town that is far away enough to not feel the big city pressures. The people were very friendly when we visited the stores in the area. I think it would be a good city to raise your kids in. There is several schools I have seen around for them to go to. Plus a bus service. The big mall is only about 3 miles from the town and is somewhat secluded from all of the mall traffic because of hwy 183. So if you want a good city to live in and raise your kids, i would suggest White Settlement.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 15,897 times
yes, I heard Saginaw is noce, just how far from shopping areas and of course things for the kids to do?
is it convenient?
thanks so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth