Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 08:10 PM

339 posts, read 1,437,180 times

Advertisements

My stepdad is a hockey fan and recently moved to Euless. He mentioned he'd just heard about a minor league team called the Brahmas. I'd like to surprise him with season tickets for his birthday but had a few questions before I plop down the bucks.

1. Is the venue parking reasonably easy to navigate or is it a traffic nightmare? Seems like a petty issue, but I know if takes more than 30 minutes to park in/out, this could be an problem. He and my mom have avoided larger venue sports events simply because of this 'hassle'. Is a VIP parking pass imperative?

2. Since I know less than less about hockey, will minor league action keep an armchair fan pretty happy? (Don't yell at me, I'm so clueless here!)

3. Any season ticket holders or frequent attendees have seat level suggestions? The Brahmas website seating chart doesn't help me much...the difference between say club and plaza seating seems about the same to me.

Any fans' opinions and suggestions appreciated. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,623,727 times
While I haven't been to a game myself, my oldest daughter has been to a couple and loved it. It's not like going to a huge arena where many other events occur though. It's a somewhat small setting and is pretty much dedicated to hockey. It used to be a rink used for public things as well as league things, then went out of business. It sat unused for a time before the Brahmas started using it.

Parking should be pretty much a non issue, unless for some reason they end up with a HUGE crowd. They have a fairly large parking area and are directly across the street from Birdville High School which has a parking area that is often used if needed. I've never seen the school lot full from overflow during any of the times I've been by there while the game was going on.

My suggestion on the seating would be to attend an actual game and see for yourself what it's like. When the Fort Worth Fire used to play in downtown Fort Worth, you really had to see the seating in order to make a good choice on where to sit. Too many variables in blocking views for me, plus I liked to be further up to see the whole rink than to be right on the ice and you can't see it all.

If you can't go yourself, get him to go and then pry details out of him.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 PM

307 posts, read 1,182,410 times
The one I went to seemed to draw a decent crowd. Action was about what I expect from a minor league game. Worth checking out at least once. And traffic's not bad. IIRC it was in and out pretty much.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:12 AM

339 posts, read 1,437,180 times
Thanks so much, guys.

Since you get a discount if you buy pre-season and the stepdad's bday is before the first game, not sure about attending first. But that would be ideal. Also, I wouldn't know 'good' hockey action from bad hockey action so attending myself might be pointless. Last I was at a hockey game I was in Canada and so tipsy on brews that I might as well have been attending a baseball game for all I paid attention....way fuzzy memory for me.

Thanks for the help on the parking, does not sound like it's much of a hassle at all! I'll consider just doing a half-season pass with a better seating arrangement so that if he isn't very down with the team, I won't be out the big bucks. I called up to the ice center and the kid that answered the phone wasn't nearly as helpful as y'all!

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth