Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:21 PM

117 posts, read 248,246 times

Advertisements

We are moving either by the end of the year or by next summer. We have 3 children but one is getting married this year and moving to Texas. Our other 2 children are 5 and 11 and they play soccer. Mu husbad coaches their teams and he also plays indoor and outdoor. I will be working from home but need to go out to visits to different hospitals and physicians offices , I never know where I will have to go, but I need to stay close to freeways and have more than one option if one way is congested with traffic. My husband is looking for a job as a plant manager possible in the Fort Worth and suburbs area. We would like to buy a home in a good area where they have soccer teams and other fun stuff to do with the family and by ourselves as a couple, but we are also looking for an area where the homes are not on top of each other. We would like a large yard as we like to entertain. I have a brother that lives
in Mansfield but it seems that there is really nothing to do in that area. as we visites before for the 4th of July and nothing was going on. We are used to go to parades and firework shows. We want a low crime area and good schools.
Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 04:20 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Try googling for soccer leagues in the area and see what pops up. I know that the McKinney, Frisco area has lots of soccer and select teams as my sister's family is heavily into soccer there. There are soccer leagues scattered all over, but that's the only one I really know much about.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,891,175 times
Keller has Rec soccer with the Keller youth soccer assoc. Keller Soccer Association
As well as Grapevine, Hurst, Bedford and Eulass, Southlake, North Richland hIlls etc...
YOuth soccer is pretty big here.

There are also several Club soccer organizations in the area...Odyssey and strikers are the ones I've heard about odysseysoccer.com - Home

Blue sky sports is an indoor facility Blue Sky Sports Center ~ Keller

and here is a good texas website for soccer...Texas Soccer Talk

But not knowing your price range it's hard to steer you to an area.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Our range is from 200 -250
Thanks for the information

Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,428,001 times
I would gravitate towards Keller. They have a pretty big soccer program, very active YMCA programs, great schools.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:45 AM

Thanks.
After some of the information about Keller regarding the train tracks, and the High schools rivalry, I'm not sure if I want my sin to attend those schools. I have a son who will attend 7th grade next summer. How far is Grapevine from Keller. Maybe they could still play soccer in that area. Will I be closer to major highways from Grapevine or Keller? and which one has less crime?
Thanks a lot!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Does anybody know anything about the Rendon area??

Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,428,001 times
Not familiar at all with Rendon. Grapevine is a very nice area and I believe that the poster, Christie lives there. It has some nicer areas, but in your price range you would have to be looking a much older smaller home to fit into your budget.

Honestly, I am not sure where you would find a place that isn't competitive in North Texas...especially in football .

I researched online for about a year from CA before we made the move and sounds like you have a good start on different areas, but you really need to drive neighborhoods at houses that you like on line to see if they would be a good fit for you. ISDs are also very important and Keller ISD is a rapidly growing district because of the growth in the area.

I personally wouldn't discount it without actually driving through the area. I think there are a lot of really good qualities that would fit your requirements.

Edit: Grapevine would be more central as far as going between Dallas and Fort Worth, but would probably be about a 45 minute drive into downtown Fort Worth. Here is a map - http://www.fortworth.com/11maps/images/map-dfw.pdf Grapevine is just north of DFW.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,891,175 times
The trains aren't much of an issue if you live in Kleer EAST of 377 and not in the ft worth part of Keller ISD.

Indian Spring MS is very good and so is Keller MS...both feed into Keller HS.
Indian Springs also feeds into Central HS. If you are going to attend Central then I recommend living on hte WEST side of 377 so for HS you won't constantly have to cross the tracks etc...

The HS rivalry you talk about in Keller I not sure what you mean...betwwen the sports teams? The 4th HS will start classes in fall 2009.
You will get that in Grapevine/Colleyville as well it has 2 HS Grapevine High and Heritage HS.
But depending on size of house you will be hard pressed to find much for 200-250 most likly smaller older 3 bedroom.

MOst of the wharehouse types industry is on the west side of Ft worth (away from Grapevine)

There are some very nice neighborhoods in Keller that are in your 200-250 range. Quail Valley, Highland Oaks, Hidden Oaks(?)Oak Bend etc... with trees and good sized lots
Carriage gate, Willis cove newer smaller lots
If you look on map most will lie south of 1709 along Rufe snow drive there are neighborhoods that flank each side of Rufe snow. prices rnage from low 200's to 700+

Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 PM

Default Thanks for all the information

Are any of you guys real state agents?
I'm asking because we may need one when we get there, and specailly if my husband finds a job before we make the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth