Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 10:41 AM

53 posts, read 77,087 times

Advertisements

Howdy!

Like everyone else around me. The small town we are currently living in is being run into the ground with apartment building after apartment building. Traffic and lines at every possible place have made in unlivable. My wife and myself are looking at areas outside DFW with excellent schools and a small town feel. Someone at the farm show we had talked to had suggested Brock. Anyone have any insight? My wife works from home and I am oil field so I just need to be an hour (roughly) to an airport. The top of our budget is 1.1 to build or buy existing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 12:35 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Brock is 63 miles from DFW Airport. Unless you are driving at midnight on a weekend with no traffic, that's well over an hour. Your budget would work out there, and the schools are also very good.

The biggest question in a rural area is the availability of high speed internet for your wife's job. I have no idea if that is available in Brock.

You might also look up towards Decatur. Lots of people like the schools in Boyd/Paradise.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:58 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadtexan View Post
Howdy!

Like everyone else around me. The small town we are currently living in is being run into the ground with apartment building after apartment building. Traffic and lines at every possible place have made in unlivable. My wife and myself are looking at areas outside DFW with excellent schools and a small town feel. Someone at the farm show we had talked to had suggested Brock. Anyone have any insight? My wife works from home and I am oil field so I just need to be an hour (roughly) to an airport. The top of our budget is 1.1 to build or buy existing.
How much land do you need? or is all of budget for just house/regular lot?

Old 03-03-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
How much land do you need? or is all of budget for just house/regular lot?
1.1 all in with land and building or buy existing house

Old 03-06-2022, 03:29 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadtexan View Post
Howdy!

I live in Weatherford, a twenty minute drive from Fort Worth. Husband and I are retired and love it. Nice houses, new builds, etc. All the stores you could need, great medical service at Medical City Weatherford.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:58 PM

36 posts, read 42,178 times
You should do a little research on Cleburne, it's a nice little small town with quite a few stores and places to eat. There is a freeway (Chisholm Trail) that goes there but it is a toll road. It's not too far from Fort Worth and is about an hour away from DFW airport.

Old 05-20-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiwaDDR View Post
You should do a little research on Cleburne, it's a nice little small town with quite a few stores and places to eat. There is a freeway (Chisholm Trail) that goes there but it is a toll road. It's not too far from Fort Worth and is about an hour away from DFW airport.
Thanks, I’ll look into that area

Old 05-25-2022, 12:29 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,330,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I live in Weatherford, a twenty minute drive from Fort Worth. Husband and I are retired and love it. Nice houses, new builds, etc. All the stores you could need, great medical service at Medical City Weatherford.
I have been considering Weatherford myself although I have never actually been there. It is beginning to sound like Austin of the '80s before it changed so much. Really wanted to live in Austin back in the early '80s, but jobs were not plentiful unless you worked for UT or the government. Does Weatherford remind you much of old Austin?

Another city I have always wanted to explore is Fredericksburg.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:45 AM

140 posts, read 256,016 times
Probably also worth mentioning that with all the explosive growth going on in the DFW area (not to mention most of TX), no matter what small-ish town one finds, eventually the new apartment/condo construction will find its way to it. (That's just the way things go anywhere in a hot area with land available around it.) So it's probably worth considering whether you wish to revisit this cycle again in a few years--or accept it, but buy enough land to keep enough of the new construction off your property lines, hope no one tries eminent domain on any piece of your property in the future for a potential new or extended freeway somewhere (it IS Texas, after all), and live it out in peace.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:16 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
I have been considering Weatherford myself although I have never actually been there. It is beginning to sound like Austin of the '80s before it changed so much. Really wanted to live in Austin back in the early '80s, but jobs were not plentiful unless you worked for UT or the government. Does Weatherford remind you much of old Austin?

Another city I have always wanted to explore is Fredericksburg.
That is not the vision I have for our little city. No where NEAR the Austin vibe. Zero, nada.

Typical bubba small town, lots of pickups, conservatives. I live in a pretty sweet development without an HOA and folks wave but keep to themselves.

I'm older and not interested in any nightlife here. If you are young and are desiring that, you can always drive 20 minutes to Fort Worth for concerts, bars, etc.

I've been to Fburg once and thought it pretty superficial and touristy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth