Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,149 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are a family of 4, looking to move near Sabre Drive Southlake, for my wife's job.
We have a 5 year old girl who will start Kinder in Aug of 2016, other kid is 1. We are looking for a decent 2/2 apartment in closer areas like Keller, Grapevine etc. Good elementary school and decent apartment (newer preferably 2010 or later construction, safe, near grocery and restaurants) are absolute priorities. Rent preference below 1500. We plan to buy in 1-2 years, so are shunning to spend more.

Please advise. We have looked at Archstone Lexington in Flower Mound which feeds to Bluebonnet Elementary in FM. Need comparable/closer alternatives.

Thank you very Much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 07:11 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
FloMo to Southlake will mean a commute with heavy traffic. Keller or Grapevine will be a lot easier.

Avoid ANYTHING on Mustang Drive in Grapevine. Ideally, look at the apartments along Glade Road or Hall-Johnson Road.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
How close is close?
114 is the pits for commuting at rush hour from what I have seen...
So Thinking she can use 114 for main commute artery might not be best idea unless she has flex work hours

It is lot easier to find a decent elementary school in tier 2 ISD than a junior high...
ISDs in TX do not go by city boundaries...maybe you know that

Think your rent might be on low side for newer areas

And I was thinking about Hall Johnson too...
There are apts around Grapevine Mills mall and into Lewisville but that means using 114

Google for Region 11 that is TEA site for Tarrant/Denton area schools

Old 06-01-2016, 07:43 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,314,617 times
Flower Mound to Southlake isn't a 5 minute commute, but you could do far worse. 121 and 114 through Grapevine were both broadly expanded in the last 5 years and a direct connector from FM 2499 to 121 is set to open any day now. If you find what you're looking for in Flower Mound, the commute isn't horrible enough to let it scare you away.

There are some apartments near the Keller Town Center area that are nice: Arthouse and Dominion. They might be older than 2010, but I wouldn't let that scare you away. There's a relatively new complex off of 121 in Euless called Suite 2801 that looks really high end. It's part of a developing shopping center that backs up to a new housing development under construction that start in the $400's. 1500 is probably going to be low for a 2 bedroom. There are plenty of older complexes in North Euless that might get closer to that if price is a deal breaker.

And, yeah, avoid Mustang Drive in Grapevine.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
We have driven up to Denton in rush hour which is from 4-6-630 pm and 114 is basically a parking lot in those times--got on in Southlake so don't know about going east into Grapevine but I imagine it is crowded until you get past the 635 cutoff/DFW exits
would not want to drive that type of traffic every day...
if there is a wreck it takes even longer of course...
We peeled off at I35 to go north and that is bad until past Alliance...

Why mess with that if surface roads are available...

If you will move/buy within 2-3 yrs then there are lots of options for apartments because like I said almost any district has good elementary schools...they don't have to rent apt in the district they would buy in...

That new apt complex mentioned off 121 is fronted by large strip center w/Dave and Busters, Belks, Dicks, Home Goods,and other retail like Target as well as fast food restaurants including Panera's...there is another older strip center across 121 w/Lowe's, Bed, Bath and Beyond and others....Albertson and Tom Thumb groceries
Growing, active area...several churches in area...Cooks Children's clinic too

Last edited by loves2read; 06-01-2016 at 08:06 PM..

Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times
The Bear Creek area in North Euless zip code 76039 is served by Grapevine/Colleyville ISD in some of the area and also Hurst/Euless/Bedford ISD. But the elementary schools that serve that area are both very highly rated. Its a very family friendly area. There's a listing on Merlin in the GCISD that would suit you as are several other listings. Nice parks, good shopping, a decent commute to Southlake. Lots of families and kids.

Page 2 | Apartments for Rent in 76039 - realtor.com®

Old 06-02-2016, 10:55 AM

Wow! Really overwhelmed with the information and will need some time to sift through!

Couldn't thank enough for all your suggestions, esp. what to avoid!

In our current situation, we are renting in Grand Prairie at 360, a decent apartment with 1300 rent. Commute-wise, keller/grapevine are big upgrades and FloMo is still an upgrade. Will increase budget and visit few places mentioned this weekend.

We are considering a townhome in Southgate (FloMo) project opening in 2017 (I know, but it will still be a huge upgrade to our apartment lifestyle!). We are in love with that location and it will allow reasonable access to major employment centers on east and west.

Thanks again ChristieP, loves2read, jbb303 and WorldKlas!

Old 06-02-2016, 02:27 PM

213 posts, read 314,963 times
My husband works in Southlake and we rented for a few months at Archstone Lexington while we house hunted when we first moved here. I loved our apartment - granted I haven't lived in an apartment since college so my expectations were low. We were in a first floor flat and it was a really quiet place, the planes might have bothered me if I were on the top. Also, since it's in south Flower Mound it's pretty quick to get out of town. My husband gets to work in about 20 minutes (and that's going around Grapevine Mills on the service road or across the dam then through town), but he has the flexibility of setting his own hours. He leaves by about 645 and breezes right through most days. Bluebonnet is a great school as well!

I'm glad we didn't live in the ones closer to Grapevine Mills - it seem like they are very inconvenient to get in and out of, plus highway noise. I don't know anything about Keller or that side of Southlake to give and opinion, but I don't think you would regret Archstone if you end up choosing there.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsmom4 View Post
My husband works in Southlake and we rented for a few months at Archstone Lexington while we house hunted when we first moved here. I loved our apartment - granted I haven't lived in an apartment since college so my expectations were low. We were in a first floor flat and it was a really quiet place, the planes might have bothered me if I were on the top. Also, since it's in south Flower Mound it's pretty quick to get out of town. My husband gets to work in about 20 minutes (and that's going around Grapevine Mills on the service road or across the dam then through town), but he has the flexibility of setting his own hours. He leaves by about 645 and breezes right through most days. Bluebonnet is a great school as well!

I'm glad we didn't live in the ones closer to Grapevine Mills - it seem like they are very inconvenient to get in and out of, plus highway noise. I don't know anything about Keller or that side of Southlake to give and opinion, but I don't think you would regret Archstone if you end up choosing there.
Thanks masonsmom4!

Old 06-19-2016, 08:47 PM

112 posts, read 115,179 times
So what's wrong with Mustang Drive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth