Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,874 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone. My son (20years old) just got a job and will be working at the DFW airport. He is currently living with a family friend in Keller, TX but will soon be looking for a place of his own. He was thinking of Euless but looking at a map Grapevine seems to be a close commute to the airport as well. We are from Virginia so I have no ideas about safe areas, traffic commutes, etc. Can anyone give me some information on apartments that are safe but also relatively cheap/affordable that are close to the airport. When I look at apartment reviews everything cheap has poor reviews. This will be my son's first apartment and experience with living on his own and his worried mother doesn't want him in any sketchy unsafe areas but I don't want him to get in over his head and have to dig in my pockets too much. Anybody know anything about Colonial Villages @ Grapevine or Woods of Bedford? Thanks for any help given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,872,645 times
The question to ask is "Do you accept Section 8 vouchers?" If they say yes, you probably don't want your son living there. The cheap apartments are usually cheap for a good reason: either they are run down, high crime, or both. Would he consider living with a roommate to help share expenses?

Colonial is right by my house. It is an older complex that has a lot of families living in it. I don't see it come up on the police blotter very often, so it might be ok. I would recommend your son drive by it in the daytime and in the evening to see what the residents are like.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:10 AM

394 posts, read 1,257,070 times
There are also lots of nice gated apartments just a touch south of the airport on 360 that would provide a nice quick commute to DFW A/P. Look in far north Grand Prairie just west of and and right alongside 360. Those will be cheaper and have lots more young people and are safe, IMO. That area is essentially the northernmost outpost of Arlington and also offers reasonable proximity to the restaurants, fun, and games of Arlington (think professional and college sports).

-Old Man Simpson

Old 02-09-2016, 01:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Check out BEDFORD--along Harwood Rd--
Decent commute to DFW
Older complexes but don't think crime is problem
Check crime maps
Harwood/Central has grocery store, mix of restaurants, other stores
Central is main drag--Central/183 has other restaurants, movie theater
Several banks in area

Also apts along Forest Ridge and 114/Harwood--those have some nice trees to shade second floor apts

Old 02-10-2016, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,269 times
Long time mid-cities resident here.

Check out the Bear Creek area in Euless. Tons of apartments over there. Lots of trees and parks. Stay north of Harwood and its pretty safe. Affordable? Maybe.... rents are high everywhere it seems. I'm going to guess $700-$1000 a month plus water/electric for a 1 bedroom. Personally I think the North Grand Prairie area along 360 and around Trinity to be pretty sketchy.

The Euless commute would be much easier since you can access airfield drive. Commuting from Grapevine wouldn't be bad but there would be more traffic.

The Bedford option is good too, although a further commute. Definitely stay north of Pipeline and preferably north of 183 near Central/Harwood like the other poster said. Its been a while since I've been in the area but I recall the apartments along Central Park Blvd in Bedford to be pretty nice.

I think Euless (Bear Creek) would be the best place to start.

Last edited by jermandaim; 02-10-2016 at 08:22 AM..

Old 02-11-2016, 09:06 AM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Also look in Centreport! This is a nice, clean and safe area at the airport. tons of newer apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth