Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,748 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to Weatherford this summer. I will be working in west fort worth right off I-30. I heard the commute is about 25 minutes. Is traffic real backed up on I-20 in the morning heading into Fort worth. I read on the Weatherford website that over half the people there work in Fort Worth and Dallas.Is Weatherford considered a suburb? I was really impressed with all the stuff Weatherford has. How are the schools? What are some of the new subdivisions in Weatherford? We were looking at the Choice Homes subdivision, Westover Village Estates. Is that a good subdivision? How big is it? What are the internet service providers in Weatherford? Is there Verizon Fios or AT&T DSL there? I would really appreciate any information on Weatherford, since we dont know much about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 11:26 PM

82 posts, read 614,721 times
I just moved out of Weatherford to be closer to downtown fort worth for work, the morning commute is ok unless it rains then your looking at a long back-up into downtown normally it took me 45 minutes to get to work, but when it rains it took over an hour and a half. Weatherford is growing but the road getting to the new shopping areas can be a pain. Downtown weatherford area has DSL and someone told me you can get cable internet too. I lived off hwy 51 about 5 miles north of the courthouse and only could get dial-up. I do miss seeing the stars out at night, not much to see here in the city. I enjoyed me stay in weatherford but im glad im closer to work.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 PM

13 posts, read 47,335 times
Default Weatherford is growing

Weatherford is a nice area, and growing like crazy. Many new restaurants of the chain variety and new shopping going in everyday. Also new medical buildings etc. I beleive the school district is very good. I recommend moving to the East side of Weatherford to shorten your commute time. You could make it into Fort Worth in 30-40 minutes maybe less. The commute into FW really isn't bad coming from the West side, especially in comparision. There are some developments along Fort Worth Highway, (Rt 180) before you even hit actual "Weatherford Square" which is like the town center.

Good Luck

Fox Hollow Extension is a new nice sub division, homes range from 130K-160K

Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 AM

148 posts, read 237,036 times
I spend a good amount of time in Weatherford. My one complaint about the town (and I do mean ONE because I adore the place) is that it is impossible to get onto I-20 from 10am-8pm every day without running into a ridiculous amount of traffic. They have a serious traffic problem in Weatherford that is not being addressed.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM

215 posts, read 985,857 times
Every time I hear about Weatherford it reminds me of the song Thunderstruck by ACDC "Weatherford a Texas yes Texas we had some funnnnn,we meet some dancer that gave us a good time" that song rocks

Old 07-28-2008, 05:23 PM

50 posts, read 196,342 times
We moved here in December. We are just between Aledo and weatherford. Jct. 415 of the I 20. My kids attend Aledo schools and we are very pleased. Like to head to Weatherford area for shopping, Khols, Home Depot, etc. etc.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:54 PM

5 posts, read 23,266 times
We are living in Weatherford and out of almost 15 places that I have lived in my life I LOVE IT!! I live off of 180 toward Mineral Wells and our kids go to Millsap schools but we are still considered Weatherford. We have finally settled down in life and God couldn't have given us a better place to settle. We love it here. We bought a home on one acre that would have cost us well over 300 thousand dollars where we used to come from. Traffic on our side of town is nothing and we can get to I 20 from Bowie and bypass all of the traffic on 51 everyone complains about BUT we don't have to work in fort worth. I don't really care though. I would gladly drive any amount of time to have my children go to the school they are going to and this area still has a really good small town attitude that I love. So far we are really really happy and we are finally glad we are HOME!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth