Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,321,700 times

Advertisements

I've read that the city is leaning on the bonding company pretty hard to get the project moving forward again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Rendering for Hyatt House, planned for 1300 W 7th. Street, from HRGA in Sacramento. Looks like the Upper Westside is finally getting more attention...

Old 04-18-2017, 07:55 AM

Proposed four story cancer treatment center, 5 story garage on 500 S. Henderson.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:12 AM

Our arena officially has a name.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:07 AM

286 posts, read 383,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Our arena officially has a name.

I mean, it is Fort Worth-ish...But I would have preferred any other DFW company name lol.

But hey! atleast we have an arena now, hopefully shows and concerts are ok with making two stops in the DFW area. I hate driving to American Airlines for concerts.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
I mean, it is Fort Worth-ish...But I would have preferred any other DFW company name lol.

But hey! atleast we have an arena now, hopefully shows and concerts are ok with making two stops in the DFW area. I hate driving to American Airlines for concerts.
It's already received NCAA tournament rounds for basketball and the Gymnastics championship from 2020-'22, so that's a good sign that we'll get some bigger events than we would in the CC arena, which should be demolished within the next 5 years.

Also, I would have preferred XTO or BNSF or even Best Maid, but it is what it is.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:31 PM

2,515 posts, read 2,223,585 times
How are they going to fill the arena? We don't have any pro or semi pro teams to put in it and TCU doesn't want to play there. Competing against Dallas for shows will be difficult. At least they didn't design something aggressively modern that won't fit in.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:24 PM

X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
How are they going to fill the arena? We don't have any pro or semi pro teams to put in it and TCU doesn't want to play there. Competing against Dallas for shows will be difficult. At least they didn't design something aggressively modern that won't fit in.
And few things, here:

- There is the possibility of the North Texas Brahmas coming back, having a stable arena to play in, but...
- This arena was meant for rodeo and Stock Show events first, then other major events/concerts that the Convention Center UFO can't host anymore due to it being too small and (by today's multi-use arena standards) antiquated. Any minor league team that becomes a tenant is just extra. It's only 14k seats, less than that in hockey mode, so it's not like the NBA or NHL will be knocking on the door any time soon.
- I wouldn't say it's difficult to compete with Dallas for any special shows at all... we just haven't had a facility that's up-to-date like Dallas had for about 15 years now. Even Arlington's College Park Center held a Drake concert. ESPN picked us over Dallas to film their shows during every major sporting event DFW has hosted when they could have just as easily picked Uptown/Victory Park or Fair Park over Sundance Square. I think we're good.
- And last, but not least, keep in mind that many cities have built new arenas, some of which are larger than The DA, but haven't received their target tenent, Like Kansas City and even Tulsa. The Alamodome was built in hopes of getting an NFL franchise for San Antonio, yet it never happened. But that's ok, because they still get a ton of events out of the year and that's all that matters.

...but I still wish we had an arena in downtown with an NBA team as the main attraction, but that's just dreaming for now.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:25 AM

Default West 7th

West Elm is opening their first Fort Worth location in West 7th. Could be the shot in the arm that development needs after about a year and a half of losing more stores than gaining.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 AM

Default Downtown

New rendering for even taller (by 3 stories) Marriott Residence Inn at 8th & Houston.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth