Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times

Advertisements

Or neither? I just visited this weekend. Seem both have good schools with Mansfield being a bit more upper middle class and more expensive homes although $125K gets you 2100 sq ft newer home in either. Mansfield seems to be expoding with new shopping popping up everywhere, new baseball fields while crowley seems to be much slower-maybe will follow in the footsteps of Mansfield in 5 years or so.

So which do you like better to live in and which one will become more unaffordable first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2006, 01:33 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Mansfield is getting a new waterpark. It is scheduled to be open by next summer. Has construction begun and exactly where it is going to be located? I don't know. It is going to be owned and operated by the same people that have three others in the metroplex. The first one was in Garland (Hawaiian Falls), then The Colony and Bahama Beach in the Duncanville/Desoto area. They have a website under Hawaiian Falls. You should be able to call the city zoning & planning dept and get the location from them.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:59 PM

59 posts, read 222,541 times
Default Which One!

I am curious, I never hear any information on Mansfield? Is this a good area to raise a family in? How would you rate this area? I hear a lot about the other areas, some of which I have seen and appear to be nice, however there are still many factors to consider when moving to any area.
Would you reccommend this area?

Please advise

Thank you

aslowdodge;128365]Or neither? I just visited this weekend. Seem both have good schools with Mansfield being a bit more upper middle class and more expensive homes although $125K gets you 2100 sq ft newer home in either. Mansfield seems to be expoding with new shopping popping up everywhere, new baseball fields while crowley seems to be much slower-maybe will follow in the footsteps of Mansfield in 5 years or so.

So which do you like better to live in and which one will become more unaffordable first?[/quote]

Old 10-19-2006, 06:09 PM

5 posts, read 18,637 times
I read on a previous post that Crowley has some trouble with the schools. I don't know exactly what's going on though. I'm interested in hearing from some locals on this question too!! Please let us know about Mansfield!! It looks like a pretty place. But how are the schools, crime, etc. This board is great!!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:19 PM

I read that too. I only got the whirlwind tour but it seems mansfield would be favored by those commuting to Dallas and crowley for those to Fort Worth. Crowley is not as built up, but i am sure it will be like mansfield in 5 years or so. People I casually asked in Irving all said they prefered Crowley because it was less crowded. I myself like lots of stores and amenities nearby. I am hoping someone else who knows more will post up. For me as a single person I liked Mansfield more than crowley. Either way the houses I looked at if they were upgraded eg granite counters, crown molding, fixtures, etc would cost about 750K to 1 million in my town so they look like a great deal to me.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 AM

16 posts, read 80,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Or neither? I just visited this weekend. Seem both have good schools with Mansfield being a bit more upper middle class and more expensive homes although $125K gets you 2100 sq ft newer home in either. Mansfield seems to be expoding with new shopping popping up everywhere, new baseball fields while crowley seems to be much slower-maybe will follow in the footsteps of Mansfield in 5 years or so.

So which do you like better to live in and which one will become more unaffordable first?
$125k for 2100 sq. ft. seems unlikely. We will be putting our 1860 sq. ft. 7 year old house up for around $145-$150k next year and we are in Crowley ISD.

I wouldn't recommend Crowley ISD at this point as the district has gone downhill. This is our daughter's 7th year in the district and it's gone steadily downhill over the years to the point that we're leaving the district after this schoolyear.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 PM

Just had an offer accepted for $115,000 for a 4/2 2250 sq ft house that is 2 years old, single story.
formerkansan where wil you move to?

Old 11-16-2006, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 14,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerkansan View Post

I wouldn't recommend Crowley ISD at this point as the district has gone downhill. This is our daughter's 7th year in the district and it's gone steadily downhill over the years to the point that we're leaving the district after this schoolyear.
I'm thinking about moving to the FW area, and I know that some parts are in the Crowley ISD, so exactly how is the district going downhill?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,277 times
Thumbs up Living in Mansfield

We've been here since 2005 and find that the amenties Mansfield has to offer are above board. Stores have been popping up all over the place since we moved here. Also the school district is planning on building in the next 2 yrs. more high schools. Our son has attended Mansfield Summit H.S. and coming from a dysfunctional school district in New Orleans we rate it as a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10. Drawbacks are property taxes for people. We have somewhat higher property taxes, because of the schools and other services we are supporting.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 7,243 times
Default Crowley

Hi,

I don;t know anything about Mansfield, and very little about Crowley. But my family and I visited Crowley two months ago and love it. We visited the schools in the area and they were very good. We enjoyed our visit so much that we purchased a house in Creekside Crowley. (Legacy homes)

Where ever you go there will be crime and there is a little crime in every school, town and country. Some just have less then others. I moved from Bermuda to Scotland and now after 15years in Scotland, we are moving to Crowley Texas. Mainly for the Christian environment throughout the town and schools, it's the friendly people that make Crowley a worth while place to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth