Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 AM

10 posts, read 20,429 times

Advertisements

Id say Keller!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 733 times
Hi , we are relocating from houston to Mansfield with work in fort worth (Alcon) .
Picked a house in a new master plan community in Mansfield called Somerset . Any feedback on that area . We did not go for Keller due to the commute . Hope it’s a good decision

Old 02-26-2018, 04:43 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
You'll have more responses if you start a new post rather than topping one that's 5+ years old.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:43 PM

1,846 posts, read 833,102 times
From Keller to the Alcon campus would be a crappy commute. Somerset is a large master plan community that will eventually take up all of the land in between Lone star road and the future HWY360 extension. The majority of the community will be exactly like how the current stage looks. There will eventually be a more luxuries gated section in the middle that will have the community club house and pools located next to it. On the other hand there will be some town homes just south of that. A small amount of stores will be build on both the south and north side of the community. I actually like the lay out with all of the ponds and walking trails through out along with the parkway down the middle. Being right next to the freeway is a plus. If it was me i'd probably go for the South pointe community just for the higher quality home builders, of course the homes are little more expensive though. The schools are very good, but not the best. There are plans to build new schools in South pointe, but it'll be awhile. In the not to distant future there will also be a lot more stores just north of Somerset along HWY287. I've also heard that the taxes are less in Johnson county then in Tarrant which is nice.
You might also want to take a look at Burleson.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Yes--reactivating a 5 yr old thread vs starting one on a specific subdivision is just not the best way to get info
One reason that threads should be capped after certain time limit

Old 03-03-2018, 11:27 PM

114 posts, read 93,245 times
You definitely made the right decision regarding the commute. I live in the Keller area and it takes me 30-50 minutes just to get to downtown during rush hour periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth