Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 4,815 times

Advertisements

I am moving to FW to attend med school and have two high school age kids. My research tells me Paschal is THE school to be at. Trying to back my way into find a home to rent has been challenging. Found one on Lipscomb, south of Magnolia. Does anyone know if this is a decent area to live in? I see it's close to life on Magnolia...will it be loud? Any thoughts will be appreciated. I need 3BR/2BA in a safe neighborhood, within Paschal boundaries, rent <$1,200. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 PM

425 posts, read 996,997 times
I can't help much, as I don't know that side of town, but I wanted to say "welcome to Ft Worth" - my family love it here.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,965,938 times
check realtor.com but don't think you will find house for rent at that price in paschal's zone--especially that big
have you done any research on FTW prices?

Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM

165 posts, read 397,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppablekim View Post
I am moving to FW to attend med school and have two high school age kids. My research tells me Paschal is THE school to be at. Trying to back my way into find a home to rent has been challenging. Found one on Lipscomb, south of Magnolia. Does anyone know if this is a decent area to live in? I see it's close to life on Magnolia...will it be loud? Any thoughts will be appreciated. I need 3BR/2BA in a safe neighborhood, within Paschal boundaries, rent <$1,200. Thank you!
I assume the area you are considering is the new development between Magnolia and Rosedale? When we moved to Fort Worth in the mid-1980's this area was filled with ramshackle cheap rent houses that bordered on the woebegone. Some were late 19th century and early 20th century survivors from when this area was a vibrant urban neighborhood. In the past decade, the old houses have been cleared out and new development built. The new construction is still surrounded by marginal areas-Hemphill is improving but still considered by most as "struggling" while Rosedale still has pockets of poverty and moderate crime but it too is improving in this part of the street. If I were looking at it myself, I'd see if I could find a rental within the Fairmount Historic District to the south of Magnolia. I think you would still be in the Paschal H.S. boundry but you might be somewhat safer as far as crime. Both my spouse and I have had our automobiles stolen in this part of F.W. (I was working on Magnolia and she worked in a medical clinic on Rosedale) but this was over a decade ago. As I said, the area is improving, but I wouldn't consider it the safest part of town. I've also heard from others that Paschal is not "THE" H.S. that some folks always make it out to be, but is still considered decent. (I'll let others defend or dismiss those claims) Best would be to get a Paschal boundry map and then concentrate your search within this boundry. The further west you go generally the safer location-new development is probably safest as security is usually better in these locations. (i.e. secure parking, cc TV monitoring) Here's wishing you good luck with your relocation decision.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM

211 posts, read 495,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrest View Post
I assume the area you are considering is the new development between Magnolia and Rosedale? When we moved to Fort Worth in the mid-1980's this area was filled with ramshackle cheap rent houses that bordered on the woebegone. Some were late 19th century and early 20th century survivors from when this area was a vibrant urban neighborhood. In the past decade, the old houses have been cleared out and new development built. The new construction is still surrounded by marginal areas-Hemphill is improving but still considered by most as "struggling" while Rosedale still has pockets of poverty and moderate crime but it too is improving in this part of the street. If I were looking at it myself, I'd see if I could find a rental within the Fairmount Historic District to the south of Magnolia. I think you would still be in the Paschal H.S. boundry but you might be somewhat safer as far as crime. Both my spouse and I have had our automobiles stolen in this part of F.W. (I was working on Magnolia and she worked in a medical clinic on Rosedale) but this was over a decade ago. As I said, the area is improving, but I wouldn't consider it the safest part of town. I've also heard from others that Paschal is not "THE" H.S. that some folks always make it out to be, but is still considered decent. (I'll let others defend or dismiss those claims) Best would be to get a Paschal boundry map and then concentrate your search within this boundry. The further west you go generally the safer location-new development is probably safest as security is usually better in these locations. (i.e. secure parking, cc TV monitoring) Here's wishing you good luck with your relocation decision.
I agree 100%. Both with the residential area and Paschal. I know you can get a nice apt. for that amount in the Paschal district...haven't done any rental house looking lately. I'm sure you could find something in Fairmount, but you could also probably get something in a safer neighborhood too. Possibly Ryan Place or Berkeley.

PHS is extremely high-ranked academically, but it is also a huge, urban, inner-city school with all the problems that go along with it. If your kids can excel in academics, they will probably be fine there, but it is very demanding. I would also hope that they would be involved in a sport or the band. It's pretty easy to get lost in the shuffle at Paschal if you're not motivated.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth